Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - whoyouare
Hi.

Looking for a ford mondeo estate. Being browsing the ford direct website and see a lot of 2012 models with "25 miles" on the clock.
What can I expect from these types of cars? Would they probably be ex-show room?

Thanks
Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - daveyjp
Ford produce cars continually, many have no customer, this results in an over supply hence Ford Direct. It will have been sat in a compound near the docks since it was delivered to the UK.
Thanks. I assume its not ideal for a car to be sitting around for that long without use?
Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - daveyjp
You alternative with Ford Direct is a sub 10,000 mile ex hire car. If the 25 mile car has a good discount, i.e. more than drivethedeal will get you on a new one, then the fact it may have been in a compound wouldn't worry me.
Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - daveyK_UK

I doubt its been sitting around or years.

What engine are you going for?

Some good deals on the graphite and business spec at the moment

Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - oldtoffee

Many years ago I was told by a Ford main dealer that the Ford Direct cars may include cars that have been rejected by the purchaser and returned to ford, "properly fixed" and remarketed under Ford Direct.

Thanks for info. Your right, I would rather look an 8month car with 25mile on clock than 8,000! The Ford dealer can't tell me anything about the car, he "assumed" it's an ex training vehicle. The one I was interested in was a Mondeo estate, 2l diesel, titanium with style pack, registered in nov 2012. Hes asking £17,548.
Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - Collos25

There is a new model about to be released so they will want to clear the shelves with some tempting offers.

Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - jc2

Put the VIN into Ford ETIS(you don't have to register)and it will give you not just month of manufacture but ACTUAL build date.Unlike some manufacturers Ford do NOT build unless they have an order for a car-usually from a dealer.This car could possibly have been rejected by a dealer for some reason-gone bankrupt?

Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - Collos25

They do in Germany especially when they want to clear their shelves..

Ford mondeo estate - Ford Direct - greenhey

I bought

2.0 tdci 163 black zetec estate August last year, a 12/12 with about 6k on the clock, for £15300.

Ford run auctions of demos/fleet cars/ex-hire and dealers bid for them.

I had rung several dealers with my min spec and TC Harrison Derby did the deal.I was offered the same car by another dealer who wanted to make more margin.

Happy with the car and the deal.