speedy replacement - apm
Hi all,

I currently run a 2001 Seat Ibiza Cupra, which I am really happy with. I am in the mood to change it in the near future, partly because I feel like a change, and partly because I have trouble fitting my golf clubs in the boot! I have tested the Leon Cupra R which is blisteringly quick, but as a FWD spins alot (it's £17k new). I've also seen a 2003 Scooby WRX with 13 miles on at the Great Trade Centre for the bargain price od £16k. Also tempted by a Mitsubishi EVO VI, but these are pricy and secondhand.

Opinions on 1) what my Beezer's worth (it has 8k miles, and is very good apart from needing a wash). The Seat dealer offered me £9250 against the Leon R.

2) Whether the Scooby is as good as it sounds.

3) Any other suggestions!

TIA,

Alex.

Dr Alex Mears
Seat ibiza Cupra
Yamaha RD350YPVS
speedy replacement - Slice
There seem to have been an awful lot of golfers outing themselves on the forum recently. Anything to do with the recent mild weather?

:-)
speedy replacement - joe
What do you mean, "outing" ourselves? I do hope that you are not a golfophobe!

Actually, golf has a lot to answer for. I seem to remember that the Jag XK8 ended up being compromised by the perceived wisdom that in order to sell in the US it had to be able to accomodate 2 sets of golf clubs.

In my younger sillier days I once took my girlfriend to the golf course, complete with 2 sets of clubs, on my Honda 250.

speedy replacement - Slice
What do you mean, "outing" ourselves? I do hope that you
are not a golfophobe!

Not at all, it's just that the subject of 'room for golf clubs' seems to have cropped up on several threads recently and I found it a curious coincidence - maybe I have too much spare time.
Actually, golf has a lot to answer for. I seem to
remember that the Jag XK8 ended up being compromised by the
perceived wisdom that in order to sell in the US it
had to be able to accomodate 2 sets of golf clubs.

And wasn't one of the selling points of the McLaren F1 the fact that it had room for two sets?
In my younger sillier days I once took my girlfriend to
the golf course, complete with 2 sets of clubs, on my
Honda 250.

Now that is impressive. What's it like riding in spikes?

speedy replacement - Galaxy
apm,

Scooby's are very good and have a good record for reliablity. However, check prices very carefully as there is a new model about to come out and Subaru have reduced prices of the present one's considerably to clear them from dealers forecourts.

You could still get a good buy, though.
speedy replacement - apm
Galaxy,
The Subaru site shows that the old bug-eyes are being flogged off cheap, but they're not listing the WRX there. The new Impreza III WRX is £19,995 inclusive new (much less ugly IMHO). Used prices seem to be holding up well (those I have seen), although it's possible that the price drop hasn't kicked in yet. I'm going to visit my local dealer on the w/e and have a chat, see what I get offered for my beezer.

Cheers!
Dr Alex Mears
Seat ibiza Cupra
Yamaha RD350YPVS