Mazda 6 sport 2.2 2010 - Wobbling sound from the rear of Mazda 6 2.2 sport - revans88
Hi, I've owned my car from 6k on the clock and it has always had a mild wheel wobble at 70mph. I've had all wheels balanced and subframe aligned, and now with 40k it is milder than it originally was. However, recently I have noticed a wobbling sound coming from the rear as soon as you go above 30mph. I've had the wheel bearings checked as this is what it sounds like but I was told the rear tyres have both worn unevenly. They're still the factory standard dunlops as I've changed the fronts to avons. Any advice or recomendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan
Mazda 6 sport 2.2 2010 - Wobbling sound from the rear of Mazda 6 2.2 sport - Fernando P

The (alloy?) wheel(s) may either have a flat spot or buckle as a result of pothole damage. This can be checked visibly when the wheel is turning on the balancing machine or fast enough manually.

Mazda 6 sport 2.2 2010 - Wobbling sound from the rear of Mazda 6 2.2 sport - bathtub tom

I haven't bought Dunlop (or SP) tyres for over twenty years when I had five failures. Two were running out of true, two showed all the signs of tracking out, but were actually larger on one side than the other and finally a bulge in the tread caused rapid deflation.

Mazda 6 sport 2.2 2010 - Wobbling sound from the rear of Mazda 6 2.2 sport - revans88

Yes theyre Dunlop Sports on the rear, so thats why im leaning towards them being the problem, just wanted to check first prior to spending £200 on tyres.

Thats the main worry i have, especially considering ive had the wobble since having the car.however, all the wheels have been correctly balanced to try and correct for this.

Mazda 6 sport 2.2 2010 - Wobbling sound from the rear of Mazda 6 2.2 sport - Peter.N.

I would strongly suspect that the tyres are the problem, try jacking the car up so the tyres are just clear of the ground and rotating them, watch the clearance gap and see if it varies as they rotate, its quite possibly ply seperation which makes little difference to the balance but a lot to the way they rotate.

thanks for all your advice, just clarifies things prior to parting with my hard earned.