Mazda 6 - Idling and low rev torubles - leem2209

I have bought a second hand 2004 Mazda 6 2.0td ts2 with just under 90k miles on the clock. It has service history (not dealer) and all looked good, up until it started stalling for no reason while sat at idle.

First thing was to run a full tank of fuel with injector cleaner in as the car had been sat for a while unused. Also replaced the fuel filter.

After a google search I've heard of a common fault with the SCV on the fuel pump so I replaced that but no difference.

Further research found issues with injectors, so I took those out and had them cleaned. They seem to be ok.

All put back together and it seems a little better but not fantastic. Took out and cleaned the EGR also, but found that it was already blanked off so that shouldn't affect it.

I have also read that the injectors should be calibrated at each service (12.5k miles)

As it hasn't had Mazda services, I wonder if it has never been calibrated and maybe this is the issue.

So, this is what the car does now. Idle is a little rough. If I turn on the Air Con at idle it goes really rough and sometimes stalls (more so when warm).

When driving, pull is very weak up to approx 1700rpm (ie going round corners in second gear is sometimes an issue at low revs, feels like it is going to stall and have to give it some throttle)

Before I go and get ripped of by a Mazda service technician, I wonder if it is possible to do an injector calibration myself? I have read various pages that shows you how to do it on a MZR-CD 2007-2009 engine but not sure if mine is the same.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mark