Chrysler Grand Voyager LX - 2000 - Parking Brake Issues - Voyager Pilot

Hi,

I have a 2000 Grand Voyager which has recently failed its MOT on the handbrake efficiency test.

The vehicle has Rear Disks which mean the shoes and adjusters are contained within the Disk assembly (i.e. acts as a Drum for this purpose). The right hand shoes were damaged and prevented the disk from being removed in order to replace. As force was the only option (shoes would not release despite manipulation of the adjuster) the Rear disks/pads and shoes have all been replaced.

The MOT failed once more on the same issue as even with the star wheel adjuster correctly set the self adjust mechanism (though now taught at the handbrake once more) would not bring the handbrake within the required efficency range.

The cables appear to be the problem and I have sourced the necessary parts for the right, left and intermediate cables to be replaced. It has been suggested that the 'front' cable (to the handbrake unit) should be OK as this was replaced under recall? Does this make sense?

It has been pointed out however that a small clip within the handbrake ratchet is broken and should be replaced. I have been unable to find a part number for this clip and so source a replacement. Most of the Voyagers built were of US market origin and so have a foot operated parking brake. The European vehicles (RHD?) had handbrakes and trawling the online parts catalogues for this 'GS' varient show the handbrake assembly and related components but no clip!

Can any of the HJ experts shed any light on this and were I might get a part number or replacement clip??

Many thanks,

Voyager Pilot

Chrysler Grand Voyager LX - 2000 - Parking Brake Issues - Voyager Pilot

An update on this issue.....

Finally located a souce for the 980 recall components and repair procedure and hope they will be useful to anybody struggling with this issue on a UK (GS) Voyager/Grand Voyager...

see: http://www.pdf-archive.com/2013/07/02/parking-brake-recall-980/

Voyager Pilot