Honda Jazz - Tyre Tread Depth - Henry the 9th

Several years ago I fitted a new pair of tyres to the front of this vehicle...the back pair were almost new at the time. The NSF is now almost down to 1.6mm and must be renewed. For some reason the OSF still has a good 3mm of tread. My preference is to get some more mileage out of the OSF tyre. Is there any reason why I should not do this even though it would mean that for a while I shall have 5mm on one tyre and 3mm on the other?

Honda Jazz - Tyre Tread Depth - Cris_on_the_gas

I would change both front tyres now. althought 1.6 mm is the minimum legal tread depth many road safety organisations recommend changing them at 3mm.

Put the new tyres on the rear axle and move the rear tyres to the front. Sure the Jazz has equal size rims front and rear

Reason why Near side wears more quickly is due to road camber as slightly more weight on near side of car you your driving style means you are more prefer right handers.

I would hope new tyre would have more that 5mm of tread, think 8mm is the norm.

Thanks for that advice.

Honda Jazz - Tyre Tread Depth - Collos25

On drive wheels a large difference in diameter could have bearing on the differential it is always advisable to keep them pretty much the same and for some reason braking computer systems..

Honda Jazz - Tyre Tread Depth - Cyd

You probably drive across several roundabouts on your daily commute? Increases the wear rate on left front.

The wet braking performance of tyres stays fairly linear down to 3-4mm. From there on the performance curve takes a steep dive downward. Hence the recommendation to change at 3mm.

As mentioned, make sure the new tyres go on the rear. Any good tyre outlet should advise this anyway, but make sure to ask.

Perhaps with this set, have the fronts switched over at each service.

All interesting stuff. Thank-you.