2001 Mercedes E-Class 200K - Intermittent Loss Of Acceleration - j1981z

Hi,

I have a 2001 E200K Tiptronic<*** id="itxthook0icon" class="itxtrst itxtrstimg itxthookicon" style="left: auto; right: auto; top: auto; bottom: auto; background-color: transparent; position: static; white-space: normal; max-height: none; float: none !important; padding: 0px 0px 0px 4px !important; margin: 0px !important; display: inline !important; border-width: 0px !important; max-width: none !important; width: auto !important; height: auto !important; vertical-align: baseline !important;" src="http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png" alt="" /> Estate with 110,000 miles on the clock.

Recently it has started to lose power / acceleration.

For example, driving along at 50mph if I depress the accelerator pedal further down nothing happens, the revs start to drop as does the speed. It feels alot like depressing the clutch pedal in a manual car. If I press the pedal further the car then accelerates as it should.

It does not happen all the time but seems to be getting more regular. At all other times the car seems fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, James

2001 Mercedes E-Class 200K - Intermittent Loss Of Acceleration - Collos25

There is an EGR valve on the left hand side of the engine mounted on the top of a pipe sod to remove but is a common fault on petrol E200,but I suggest you have it put on a dianostic machine first.