KIA Picanto - Couple of things with new car... - philelzebub

Picked up my new Picanto yesterday and, so far, loving it. Noticed something when running through the trip computer screens, though. It has a thermometer and, according to everything I've read from KIA, that should only be available on the '3' spec but mine is the 1.25 ISG '2' spec... Has anyone else noticed this? There's also a rattle coming from the back of the car. I've checked the shelf, seatbelts, back seats, tyre pump compartment... can't find a thing. Anyone any ideas? If I can't work out what the rattle is I'll mention it at my 6-week interim service in, erm, 6 weeks :D

KIA Picanto - Couple of things with new car... - thunderbird

Take it back and get them to sort the rattle.

Don't complain if its got more kit than it should have.

What 6 week service, first service should be at 1 year or 10,000 miles whicjever comes first. Hope the garage are not charging for this mysterious service, if they are they are a bunch of lying bar stewards.

KIA Picanto - Couple of things with new car... - philelzebub

I paid £99 for the Kia-3, 3 years worth of services. As part of this they chuck in an interim service after 6 weeks to check everything is alright. No extra cost and I thought it was pretty decent of them, to be honest.

Certainly not complaining about the extra kit, though. Just wondered if any other Kia Picanto '2' spec owners had noticed it.

KIA Picanto - Couple of things with new car... - leaseman

According to the data sheet that I use for specifications, both versions of the 1.25 level 2 cars have an external temperature gauge, so it doesn't look like a misbuild.

KIA Picanto - Couple of things with new car... - Drivethru

The six week service isn't a service it's just a check that everything is ok, I got it with my Ford Ka, it only takes about 15 minutes for them to have a check over and ask if there are any problems.

KIA Picanto - Couple of things with new car... - Chrome

Rattle could be the numberplate vibrating against the tailgate at certain revs (most likely) or rear seat back catches vibrating against their locking bar (wrap some electrical tape around the bar).

Edited by Chrome on 11/05/2013 at 10:50