Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - Skodaestateman
I'd like to replace my 11 year old Skoda Octavian estate (2.0 litre petrol, manual). I'd like something very similar but with automatic transmission. Most auto estates seem to be diesel. Any suggestions for a petrol estate? Buying new, budget 25k absolute max. Less than 10000 miles per year
Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - unthrottled

Must be loads of Accord estates that fit the bill. Big boot is ideal to fit the huge discount that dealers should be offering!

Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - Avant

I have an Octavia vRS petrol estate with DSG which is ideal for me, and this model should be exactly what you want; unfortunately there is a new model on the way whch may not be with us till the autumn. But there may be some of the current model still available.

Other possibilities - Mazda 6, Ford Mondeo, VW Passat, Audi A4: as far as I know there is a petrol automatic in each of these ranges.

(Edit - yes, I forgot the Accord.)

Edited by Avant on 24/04/2013 at 19:50

Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - coopshere
Before deciding on anything from the VAG stable research the DSG gearbox problems if you want an auto. For an estate of that size you are limited in choice if you want a conventional torque converter auto ( Honda, BMW and Mercedes are the major manufacturers doing them). I believe the new Mondeo is a Powershift box, Fords version of the DSG and shared with Volvo which gets better reviews. Had this dilemma a year ago and ended up with the Toyota Avensis 1.8 CVT estate. If you are looking for a comfortable quiet estate with a smooth gearbox then try it out. I was pleasantly surprised and still enjoying the drive.
Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - Skodaestateman
Thanks for the response. Wasn't aware that auto gearboxes were such a potential problem. May reconsider and stick with a manual. In which case the new Octavian estate will be high on my list.
Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - daveyK_UK

Mondeo.

simply the best for the money.

Skoda Octavia Estate - Petrol Automatic Estate - Any Suggestions - Sam49

Toyota Avensis 1.8 v-matic M-Drive? Have driven one and was impressed. Not sluggish either with 145bhp...