Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - Ben Elford

Hi All,

I have a Renault Laguna II 2001 as my first car and having a couple of issues with it.

The car keeps cutting out on my as if i have turned the iginition off and taken my card out, the power steering goes as well. This typicaly happens either when im reducing gears around the 3rd to 1st gear or when im driving at very low revs / with my clucth down in either 1st or reverse. The car will some times drop revs and turn off whilst in neutral/stationary and on occasion not start at all and i have to go through the hole take the card out put back in try starting and do it again.

problem two is that my foot well lights and internal light seems to stay on for a while after i have started driving, they do turn off some times and also when i lock the car.

im more concerned about the first problem and the second is just a little anoyance, could some one give me guidance on what the problem is so i may go to a garage and say this is what it is and how to fix it and also possibly what you think a rough cost would be to have this fixed?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - daveyK_UK
The worst car in Britian, possibly the most poorly built car Renault ever made (not the easiest title to win).
Get rid of it.
Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - Collos25

Is it a petrol or diesel ,you will spend more than its worth trying to find faults if you take it to a garage.If its a diesel start with the EGR valve you will probably have to replace it.Really the best advice is given above if you google this site it is full of hundreds of all sorts of incurable problems .

Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - Oli rag

Sounds like you may have a problem with a faulty sensor, I think the best thing to do is to have some diagnostic tests done on it.

I can only agree with what Davey says, these cars can be an electrical and or mechanical nightmare.

You really should have done some basic research before buying such a lemon of a model - sorry!

Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Its a petrol car if thats any help.

Are there any usfull ideas apart from slating the car and telling me to sell it as it really isnt helping?

The problem is there are various sensors that are not visible by a code reader and you have said there is a problem with the key card which could or could not be causing problems.I would get a key card and card reader that is gauranteed to be working the only place to buy one of these is Renault you can replace the chjps that lock and unlock the door but the main ECU readable chip is Renault only.If the problem persists then its a process of iimination going through everthing that can cause your problem plugs,injectors the list is imense .These really are problem cars probably why the last owner got rid of it this site if you do a search is littered with tails of Renault Laguna problems .

A new card and card reader will probably cost more than the car is worth.

Edited by Collos25 on 22/04/2013 at 17:01

Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - Fernando P

If at first you don't succeed.....! Can you set out exactly which petrol model it is with the engine size as well!

It does not matter what engine size or type it is the electical system is the same the only difference is between petrol and diesel.

Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - injection doc
Common problem with these.
1st wash out the throttle body
2nd disconnect the battery for ten mins ( making sure you have radio codes etc)
3rd Start car up and leave to idle, do not touch the throttle on start up or whilst idling, allow it to sort itself out so it relearns the idle speed leave idling for 5 mins then go for a normal drive for 10 mins.

I I'd to do this to quite a number of Laguna,s that suffered from stalling whilst changing gear.

Fantastic thank you for your help, i shall get my friend to try the flushing out and the rest, i do also have a spare key so i will try that as well.

Thanks for your help chaps :)

Renault Laguna II 2001 - Renault Laguna II 2001 - Cutting out HELP - steveFNC
My LagunaII has recently been lumpy on start up and then stalling. The next time I'm slowing down for Lights etc,the revs drop like a stone then it takes a while to start again. I parked up for ten minutes,came back and it's been running perfect for the last two days. Very strange!!