Hyundai ix35 - Removal of the plastic fitting on lift up door - Graeme00

I am trying to fit a rear view camera to my ix35 .The camera replace one of the number plate lights.The original just clips out and the bulb and fitting are replaced easily. But with the camera I need to pass the video cable through into the inner area. The plastic panel (which looks like part of the door) has a series of nuts that are easily removed but the panel still reuses to release. Can anyone tell me if there is anything else holding this panel in place, so that I can complete my task.

Thanks in anticipaction

Hyundai ix35 - Removal of the plastic fitting on lift up door - elekie&a/c doctor

Not seen one of these,but with most door panels,once the screw or other fasteners have been released,then the panel will be held to the door with plastic pop studs.You need to get some plastic trim removal tools to enable the edges to be lifted to locate the clips.If you are doing this in cold weather,be careful ,as you may find the clips and panel will crack or break very easily.hth

Hyundai ix35 - Removal of the plastic fitting on lift up door - Arshad Rahman

Hi

Did you have any luck removing the plastic fitting on the outside of your ix35?

I've a friend who has the same problem - needs to replace the camera and can't get to it without removing that outer top plastic panel.

Thanks very much in advance