Jaguar f type 400 sport - Bought car from main dealer and not told import - Gskydiver

Hi, hope someone can advise?

I purchased a vehicle from a Jaguar main dealer and was not told that the vehicle was an import nor does the service history add up as the vehicle was then registered in uk in April 18 (some 18 months later than the Dec16 first reg) then serviced By Copart LTD in May 18 at 211 miles ??? something sounds very fishy and other dealers now wont take as part exchange!!

do i have a go back on this 2 years after i bought it?

thanks in advance

Jaguar f type 400 sport - Bought car from main dealer and not told import - leaseman

Have you approached the supplying dealer yet?

If not, then do so with all haste, and if they do not offer a satisfactory solution, report the matter to Jaguar Cars customer services for their angle on the case.

It sounds like you have a case for mis-selling, but let us know after the above steps have been taken.

Jaguar f type 400 sport - Bought car from main dealer and not told import - elekie&a/c doctor
I don’t understand the Copart connection. They are salvage and vehicle dismantlers and also run motor auctions.
Jaguar f type 400 sport - Bought car from main dealer and not told import - Gskydiver

yes me neither, the plot thickens though i feel !

also it is quite different to all others i have seen

Lovely that's great thanks for your reply

I haven't spoken to them yet as thought i'd ask others first before the dealer manipulates the situation and try's to fob me off etc

i have a friend that is high up in another dealers Jag/JLR in Milton keynes so have asked his advice on this as well to see what his sales team advises to see if the others have been naughty or not!

thanks

Jaguar f type 400 sport - Bought car from main dealer and not told import - FiestaOwner

Hi.

I've been having a bit of a Google. Might have been a Jaguar owned car. Could have been a Press car, Hire car, Courtesy car or a Management car.

Does the name Paragon crop up as well as CoPart? See this link:

www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7250

Also look at post dated Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am:

www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3300&sta...0

Also the last post here:

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=25...0

However, if the car has been fine, was it really mis-sold?

Hi.

I've been having a bit of a Google. Might have been a Jaguar owned car. Could have been a Press car, Hire car, Courtesy car or a Management car.

Does the name Paragon crop up as well as CoPart? See this link:

www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7250

Also look at post dated Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am:

www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3300&sta...0

Also the last post here:

www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=25...0

However, if the car has been fine, was it really mis-sold?

Thanks for looking, i will take a look at these links etc, if car was a press car from first reg in dec16 then by May 18 it surely would have done more than the predelivery inspection mileage of 116 miles?