Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - skidpan

Despite having an AdBlocker this advert will no go away and on my phone its is a real problem.

I have even resorted to filling it in but its still there.

How do you get rid of it?

Update.

Just tried using Brave with Tor and its not there.

Looks like I need a better adblocker on both devices.

Edited by skidpan on 22/04/2024 at 09:00

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - FP

Absolute pain on my mobile - hovering in my field of view when scrolling.

Doesn't appear on my PC, which has various blockers.

It went earlier in the afternoon but just got back home and it back on the PC and phone both of which have ad blockers.

As before its not there using Brave with Tor.

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - Adampr

It's quite irritating isn't it?

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - Engineer Andy

Perhaps you could try uBlock Origin, possibly in conjunction with Ghostery. On my elderly (2011 Win 7) PC, I found AdBlock Plus rather resource-hungry, uBlock Origin less so but seemingly as effective, and with Ghostery loaded, better still at blocking ads and unwanted cookies.

Both seemingly work well on my far newer Android 12 smartphone. Both devices run Firefox - not sure what ones can run on other browsers, especially the cut down Android ones. Hopefully both.

Worth a try, given they are just ad-ons to the browser.

You may also want to clear your history at least of any data (cookies, etc) related to the errant ads before installing any new software. Sometimes that can make just as much difference as the new software itself.

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - Adampr

I thought I might just keep booking Hyundai test drives until they stop telling me to.

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - galileo

I thought I might just keep booking Hyundai test drives until they stop telling me to.

AdBlock Plus has an option to block specific items, using this I clicked on the Hyundai test drive and it disappeared at once

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - Ethan Edwards

Can I add my vote. Most annoying ad ever.

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - alan1302

What's it doing? On my PC it's only showing as a small box on the bottom right but does not cover up anything.

What's it doing? On my PC it's only showing as a small box on the bottom right but does not cover up anything.

Bottom right hand corner on PC, on my phone its in the centre.

Using Firefox on my phone which seems to sort it and Brave with Tor on my PC.

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - movilogo

Brave browser also blocks ads on YouTube. It makes watching YouTube a pleasant experience again.

Book Your Hyundai Test Drive - Engineer Andy

Brave browser also blocks ads on YouTube. It makes watching YouTube a pleasant experience again.

Thankfully. The only way I could get it to work before the browsers / ad blockers updated their software was to temporarily switch off that feature on my Ghostery ad-on, then re-enable it just after the video loads, to avoid the ads. I had to do it for every video watched. Back to 'normal' again, at least on my PC. The YT app obviously doesn't block their own ads.

A constant battle these days. Hopefully that story that came out today (it might be just a puff piece to support TV stations) about TV advertising being far more financially beneficial to the advertisers may lessen Google's proverbial stranglehold on the market.

Obviously sites like this have to bring in revenue from somewhere, so as long as the ads aren't intrusive and slow down my PC / phone, it's something I'll put up with on occasion.

Edited by Engineer Andy on 25/04/2024 at 22:56