Nissan - Faulty new vehicle ….who’s at fault..? - HarryLopp123

Hello

can Anyone help / advise..?

bought a new van 7 months ago….been a nightmare from the start, been off road for ages due to issues, now it been into Nissan for 5 weeks…but they can’t find a issue

got trouble with clutch rattle, Apple car play, door hitting wing, terrible on fuel, rear lights don’t work, running lights don’t work

Its a box van so had a box fitted to a Nissan chassis

company we bought from says it’s down to Nissan / box manufacturers to sort the issues….I’ve been told it’s the seller..?

im not looking to cause issues as seller has been helpful but it’s a HUGE amount of money and it’s hurting our new company so I can’t carry on like this

it’s really hurting our new business and having to hire vans, uses cars to get kit around

im close to rejecting the van but we have spent £7000 fitting out back

anyone have any advice..?

thanks

Nissan - Faulty new vehicle ….who’s at fault..? - Adampr

You bought the vehicle from the seller, so it's their responsibility.

However, they could argue that the work to put the box on has caused some issues. Was it just a bare chassis that you have bolted a box on to, or does the box have any electrical.or.other connections to the vehicle? Was it fine before the box went on?

Nissan - Faulty new vehicle ….who’s at fault..? - elekie&a/c doctor
I guess this is a Nissan interstar which is basically a re badged Renault master . It would have been produced as a chassis cab with all the running electrical systems installed at the factory. I very much doubt that adding a load box would affect the electrics.
Nissan - Faulty new vehicle ….who’s at fault..? - Brit_in_Germany

As a business purchase, the Consumer Rights Act, with its right to reject, may not be applicable here.

Nissan - Faulty new vehicle ….who’s at fault..? - focussed

What does apply is the english law of contract. You contracted with the vendor (seller) to supply a vehicle with a "consideration" ie the money you paid the vendor.

That makes it a legal contract in law.

You should get a solicitor on the case to remind the supplier of his legal obligations, re breach of contract, and take it from there.