Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - Quartrenien
Pic of the invoice here (as well as description of what work has to be done): ibb.co/HCYvqLg
Pic of the damage here: ibb.co/VjH10m4

It’s for the rear bumper of a Nissan Micra 2006.

Looks like it needs replacing and painting, and apparently there’s something wrong with the boot lock that the bumper damaged has caused?

The price of the bumper being £99 is something that sounds reasonable.

But the £700 labour and total of £950 including VAT doesn’t feel right?

Any thoughts?

Edited by Quartrenien on 13/03/2024 at 13:25

Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - elekie&a/c doctor
If you read the quote, it’s not just for replacing the bumper. Prepare and repaint the tailgate and repair the lock also . Quote is about right.
Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - Quartrenien
Does the tailgate & its lock being damaged by that sort of damage look feasible?

I’m not sure if they’re related - did the damage caused to the bumper look like something which would have then damaged the tailgate and its lock?
Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - elekie&a/c doctor
If you are not sure , just get the bumper repair done . Leave the rest .
Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - Falkirk Bairn

My now 12 month old car was vandalised 2 months ago - hit with heavy object - dented tailgate and damaged bumper.

£789 inc VAT - £400 labour, £257 paint, badges, sundries + VAT

Tailgate damaged filled, entire tailgate painted, new badges (£70 for 3 bits of plastic), bumper filling and whole bumper resprayed.

Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - Leif

Do you really want to spend that much money on an old car that could fail at any moment?

Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - madf

Any expenditure of more than £250 on a 18 year old car is extravagant

Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - Andrew-T

Any expenditure of more than £250 on a 18 year old car is extravagant

But probably still a lot cheaper than changing the car !

Unless the car fails soon after. I had an old style Nissan Micra, bought a new exhaust, and opted for the more expensive in the grounds it would last. A year later the engine failed and the repair cost was £500, 20 years ago, so not worth it. I suppose if you are sure it’s a runner, and in good condition, then go for it,

Nissan Micra 06 - Is this an accurate quote for a rear bumper repair - Andrew-T

Perhaps the best way to worry about an old car failing is to do nothing about its cambelt. That's the most probable thing to fail unexpectedly ?

Clutch, cam belt, ECU. And it could fail an MOT due to rust, or countless smaller items that add up to a lot of money. My Ford KA was beyond economic repair after 10 years due to rust.