note E11 - electrics - blindspot

having a problem with intermittent heater blower. done some research and it seems quite common. replaced rhetostat , ad hey presto worked for a few days. have now narrowed it down to dodgy wire in this loom, at this connection . somebody else had the same problem and fixed it by probing the black wire [ earth ] to the body and it fixed it. should i try that. the connector looks ok

note E11 - electrics - Metropolis.
I am surprised it wasn’t the resistor tbh.

when its working, its all perfect .fan sounds smooth . i ve got the gloove box out and the next time it stops shall try to wiggle the wires gently . to see if i can identify the culprit

note E11 - electrics - elekie&a/c doctor
More likely to be the motor . Sits on the driver side , above the pedals . Absolute pita to get to . Usually have to remove the dashboard.

yer . ive had my head in there ,can see its a really awkward working position. some people take of the dash and some the steering column . really don't fancy either. so iam hoping i can find a loose wire

note E11 - electrics - elekie&a/c doctor
It could be the connector that attaches to the motor . Very poor design but still difficult access .