Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - Celerio

Hi,

I bought a Suzuki Celerio car, second hand 2015. As I am illiterate on the subject, could you please inform me on what type of fluids I have to add inside the container under the annotated labels in the images at the below links? Please let me know if I have to fill up the containers

ibb.co/QQf4VX5
ibb.co/pv8K9FT
ibb.co/MBZx452

Thank you

Edited by Celerio on 21/09/2023 at 10:29

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - _

One of them is the cooling system, so anti freeze, and one is brake fluid. one is washer fluid

Read your handbook or if in any doubt go to a Garage.

Thank you. I don't have the handbook..should i fill up all reservoirs? Is a tap water enough for the washer

Edited by Celerio on 21/09/2023 at 13:03

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - Adampr

You will be able to find a PDF of the handbook online. Most fluids have a maximum level. Don't fill anything up and don't use tap water for anything.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - catsdad

Meanwhile the one with the picture of windscreen wiper arc shaped symbol on it is the windscreen wash. You can use tap water but to be most effective and stop freezing, use a windscreen wash solution and dilute according to the instructions. You will need to it every few hundred miles depending on use.

The one that says not to open when hot is the radiator header tank/reservoir and should only be topped up with the appropriate antifreeze solution. It should only need doing very infrequently, less than once a year if indeed ever. It will have a max and min level if you look carefully. If it needs topping up often then you have a problem that needs a garage to investigate.

The one that refers to “Dot” is the clutch and brake header tank. Again it will have a max and min. It needs special fluid and should pretty much never need topping up. If the level fails below minimum you are best taking it to a garage promptly to investigate why it’s falling as brake failure could occur. Do not open the cap to check the level as the fluid absorbs moisture from the air and thus reduces its effectiveness.

In summary apart from the windscreen one you should leave the others well alone apart from monitoring the levels every few weeks and taking it to a garage if either falls.

Edited by catsdad on 21/09/2023 at 14:13

Thank you for the detailed answer. Thanks to both of you for taking time to answer my question.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - bathtub tom

Aren't these basic checks included in the driving test nowadays?

I checked the coolant reservoir, the fluid is slightly above the Min mark. I asked the previous owner which brand she was using; she does not have a clue.

I can check the online manual to find the most suitable coolant for the car; however, is it safe to top up the reservoir myself without emptying its content, or is better and safer to take the car to the garage despite the extra unpleasant cost?

Thank you

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - Adampr

Yes, you can top it up yourself (up to the max mark). Only do so when the engine is completely cold. There is no need to remove any coolant.

Generally, you can buy coolant the same colour as what's already in there and it will be fine.

Fluids should be above the min mark and below the max. Don't bother if it meets this criteria.

An employee in a Japanese factory suggested oil levels on new cars should only be somewhere in between and not on max. He was awarded a fortune due to the incentive scheme rewarding a fraction of the cost savings!

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - John F

Yes, you can top it up yourself (up to the max mark).

I don't think this is good advice.. The coolant range min to max is to allow for thermal expansion. If you 'top-up' to max when cold, it might overflow when hot. As long as the level is above the minimum mark and below the maximum mark at all temperatures, it's OK.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - RT

Yes, you can top it up yourself (up to the max mark).

I don't think this is good advice.. The coolant range min to max is to allow for thermal expansion. If you 'top-up' to max when cold, it might overflow when hot. As long as the level is above the minimum mark and below the maximum mark at all temperatures, it's OK.

The design/specification of the "MAX" mark should take thermal expansion into account so it's valid to top-up to the MAX mark when cold - no different to tyre pressures being measured cold but increasing significantly when hot.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - focussed

Aren't these basic checks included in the driving test nowadays?

The " can you show me /tell me where/how your would check " etc driving test questions were introduced around 2002 and have been part of the test ever since.

I used to spend hours of pupil's lesson time trying to educate them on how to demonstrate that they knew how to answer these questions - sometimes the main problem was getting them to open and lift the bonnet without damaging themselves or the car.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - edlithgow

Seems a bit unfair if one is testing on an unfamiliar vehicle.

Took me quite a while to find the ATF dipstick on a Honda Accord.

Taiwanese owner of course had no idea where it was.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - John F

Is a tap water enough for the washer?

Tap water is absolutely fine for the screen wash reservoir, both neat in summer and as antifreeze screenwash diluent in the winter. It contains a small amount of chlorine to prevent growth of micro-organisms which will make slime, bunging up the filter which can result in MoT failure if the squirts to the screen aren't strong enough. (Beware unscrupulous garages saying the pump motor has failed and charging for an unnecessary new one).

Some years ago I made the mistake of using soft rainwater from our water butt to avoid the smears caused by our local hard water, with the eventual aforesaid result :-(

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - FiestaOwner

Is a tap water enough for the washer?

Tap water is absolutely fine for the screen wash reservoir, both neat in summer and as antifreeze screenwash diluent in the winter.

Make sure that any additive you put in your screen wash reservoir is marked as "Screen Wash". Do not use a bottle marked "Anti-Freeze". Anti-Freeze goes in your engine coolant reservoir. Anti-Freeze damages paintwork, so if you squirt that through your washers it will damage the paintwork on your car.

Use bottles like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CarPlan-ASW005-Screen-Wash-Litre...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prestone-PSCW0039A-Concentrate-Screenwash...

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/screenwash/?prefn1=type&prefv1=Screenwash

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - Xileno

Whenever I see threads on screenwash I always recommend sticking with one brand and not mix them. I had a lot of problems with my Focus from almost new until five years old with the filter blocking with a blue sludge. Like many cars the tank is buried in the wheelarch so getting at it to unblock is a pain. I was tempted to remove the filter on the theory that any blockage would then occur at the jets which are easy to get to. But in the end I put the filter back in, hosed the whole system out and only use the same brand, in my case ASDA at 100% concentration all year. After the second blockage I've not had a problem in 12 years.

I am sure it was caused by mixing brands, I read about it somewhere as well, possibly on this forum.

When it goes in for a service I always brim the tank so the garage can't put their own brand in.

As this Celerio is secondhand who knows what's been used, if the tank is easy to get to I think I would drain it and flush it through with a hose before refilling with a brand you will stick with.

When it goes in for a service I always brim the tank so the garage can't put their own brand in.

Do they charge you for windscreen washer additive, mine did? When challenged, they made some feeble excuse about testing the washers during the service and re-filling it. I asked for the remainder of the additive they used.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - Xileno

The invoice is not broken down to that level of detail but I've never got the feeling I've been done. I've always been happy with the work and price.

Suzuki Celerio 2015 - Fluids to add - Falkirk Bairn

Many years ago I had a company Vauxhall, in fact a few.

Local Vx dealer would put a sachet of fluid on the passenger seat.

This was due to my filling up the water bottle prior to the service.

Reception said they make up kits for servicing which included a £2 sachet of washer fluid.

Company car BUT I asked for a refund every time. Annoyed the hell out of the reception/billing. I asked for the refund after having paid by Credit Card and coming back in to reception with the said sachet.