Vauxhall Corsa D - Headlamp bulb colour temperature, same both sides? - peanutstew

Hi

I've got to change the dipped headlamp bulb on my Corsa, passenger side. I've watched how-to vids and can't quite believe what a big job changing a flippin' bulb is! Never mind...

Because it is such a faff to change, I'd rather just change the blown bulb and not do the driver's side as well. Problem is I don't know what "colour temperature" is on the driver's side.

Do they need to match? Can I get a rough idea just by looking at it? Does it matter?

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks

Edited by peanutstew on 05/08/2023 at 14:43

Vauxhall Corsa D - Headlamp bulb colour temperature, same both sides? - elekie&a/c doctor
Really doesn’t matter if they are not matched. But if the bumper has to come off , why not fit a pair of osram nightbreaker bulbs . About £20 a pair.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 05/08/2023 at 14:49

Vauxhall Corsa D - Headlamp bulb colour temperature, same both sides? - peanutstew

Many thanks for the reply.

I'll take a look at the YT how to video s again. I was reluctant to change both sides because it seems such a long job to do just one side, and we'll be selling the car in the next few months. So just wanted to keep it road legal in the meantime. But if once I'm doing the one side I'm already half way to doing the other, then I think you're right and I might as well do both whilst at it....

Cheers

Vauxhall Corsa D - Headlamp bulb colour temperature, same both sides? - Chris M

Bought a pair of Nightbreaker+100% H7 a couple of weeks ago from Amazon. I was surprised how much they have come down in price - £10.99. I'd guess H4 for a Corsa - £11.17. The +200 are closer to £20, but they will probably only last a year.

Vauxhall Corsa D - Headlamp bulb colour temperature, same both sides? - catsdad

While YT is often very good it’s worth looking yourself under the bonnet as to what’s really involved. It’s a couple of years since I did one in our previous Corsa so I can’t remember the details.but the video suggested it was a lot of work. It wasn’t and took only a few minutes by doing it logically rather than following all the video steps.

Ours was a base model so it’s possible there was less gubbins to get in the way but it’s worth assessing it yourself.