Audi A7 Sportback - 7 Speed S-Tronic Gearbox Service Time. - mickyh7

Hello, I wonder if anyone could guide me to a reliable Garage/Workshop in the Leeds area for the above job?

I'm almost at 78k, and it needs doing.

I'm slightly paranoid, as the last time the gearbox oil and filter were changed, at 39k, the Metronics unit malfunctioned the very next week!

Fortunately covered by warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Audi A7 Sportback - 7 Speed S-Tronic Gearbox Service Time. - John F

I'm slightly paranoid, as the last time the gearbox oil and filter were changed, at 39k, the Metronics unit malfunctioned the very next week!

Probably because some minute particles were dislodged and found their way into the mechatronics. This is why some honest experts without a conflict of interest discourage the inappropriate advice to change the fluid in ZF's 'sealed for life' boxes. A high price is paid for the hassle and maintenance costs for these relatively delicate DSG boxes for the sake of a fractionally quicker gear change. (The bean counters subsume warranty work into the purchase price).

Audi A7 Sportback - 7 Speed S-Tronic Gearbox Service Time. - sammy1

You could find a good independent Audi/VW garage but I doubt on an important job like this it will be much cheaper then your main dealer. If you want to stick to the Audi schedule which just because they say so is not laid in stone, the cost only comes around what every 4 years or so and you will probably have greater come back at the dealer if they mess up what is really a bread and butter job them.

Two interesting replies, thank you.

Yes the Audi Dealer price is very close, so I'll probably end up there.

No fun last time when it slamed into 1st from 5th on a corner at around 50mph!

Fortunately in the wet, so a slide instead of nutting my passenger.

Edited by mickyh7 on 29/07/2023 at 13:18

Audi A7 Sportback - 7 Speed S-Tronic Gearbox Service Time. - Halmerend

Just out of interest, how much have you been quoted at the main dealer please?

£264 with the filter change.

Audi A7 Sportback - 7 Speed S-Tronic Gearbox Service Time. - Halmerend
Thank you.

Just tried to book with Audi.

It's gone up to £365 now!

Wow!

Looks like an independent will be getting it now- That's some price increase inside 12 months!