toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - blindspot

the drivers window is jammed down. passenger side works as should. today it made a snapping sound as i it wound down . i stopped it . it

wouldn't go up but went down real slow when asked.

i can hear the motor click when asked to go up . but no movement.

toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - elekie&a/c doctor
Possibly part of the window regulator has broken. You’ll need to get the door card off to see what’s wrong.
toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - daveyjp

If you are in the UK and the car has had a main dealer servjce in the last 12 months it will still be under warranty.

ive self serviced so not used the toyota warranty .

my thoughts too. i have door card off but cant see anything obviuose. .a possibility could be a damaged wire not giving enough power. not sure how i check that. hoped to check out the electrics before pulling out the motor and regulator

Is it a 2 wire motor?

its a 1.5 hybrid with an auto switch

toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - paul 1963

its a 1.5 hybrid with an auto switch

? The doc meant has the window motor got 2 wires, if so you could just run a 12v supply directly to it just for testing purposes.

thats a good idea . will take look on friday afternoon. glad the weathers fine and can use my garage overnight.

back on the job, card and plastic removed, the motor has 2 large pin conections and i think 6 small pins. so can i connect 12volt stand alone battery and just touch both large pins. would i need the ignition on

Definitely not . This is a logic
Controller motor . You can’t test it off the car .

i feel the motor clicking when asked to go up. soi feel sure that its getting power

update i have managed to manualy raise the window. the power sends it down smoothly. but just a click when asked to raise. please whats that telling me?

toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - Andrew-T

Before the problem, did the glass move easily, or was the motor straining ?

just after moving off. pressed down, it went 3 inches and gave out a snapping sound, and i it stopped. pressed down passenger window thats fine. try again to press down it wasnt right stopped again . wouldnt go up. but pressed down and it sank slower than normal. Just gives c a slight click when asked to go up, i can feel the motor clicking. [ click click] thats it. no whirring or movement now

previouse to that no probs at all . no warning signs

toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - bathtub tom

just after moving off. pressed down, it went 3 inches and gave out a snapping sound

The sound of something breaking?

yes . it was like sudden made me look at the window and release switch . i fear its going to be a broken component. just a pain getting it all out and replacing

its not a mechanical problem. something electrical

The clicking may be the controller on the motor, rather than the motor itself . Sounds like the electronic module is in trouble.

so would that mean a replacement motor is needed

update tryed the toyota reset window down hold for 5 seconds pushed it up held for five seconds . it went down ok but not back up . but wait ! now its different the motor whirres and i can see the teeth moving round to take it up but no it wont go up.

don't know what thats telling me

I’m very confused now . Is the regulator in or out of the door . ? It’s the same teeth that take it up or down.

the regulator and motor are still in situ

Looks like the plastic drive dog has broken. That’s why it goes down , there’s not much load . Going up there’s the weight of the glass to lift.

thanksfor your help doc. i;ve left it in the up position for now , its driveable guess i'll have to get it out to check for that. would i be able to replace a plastic drive

Doubt it . It will be part of the motor. Perhaps s/hand is an option?

toyota yaris 2017 - yaris electric window - Adampr

Doubt it . It will be part of the motor. Perhaps s/hand is an option?

It looks like entire regulators are £30 on eBay.

jobs done . motor and regulator of ebay from a major breaker £ 43 newer part that mine. works just fine.