Nissan Juke - Nissan Juke radio problem - Annette Staunton

Bought a Nissan Juke Tekna last August - ex Motability car - 3 years old, full service history. Have had it serviced and MOT at Nissan main dealer in February. Last Thursday, radio blacked out at the beginning of a journey so had to complete with no satnav or radio. Long story short - Nissan main dealer told me this is rare but 'it happens' - only solution to replace the unit. Cost £3000. After I recovered, he suggested going to Halfords for cheaper replacement. Others suggested buying replacement on-ebay which I did on basis it would be better to replace with a Nissan approved radio. Surprise surprise, I get message saying system is locked, contact dealer. If I press reset,everything works, but only briefly. Although I noticed satnav continues on audio even after display goes. Took it to the dealer who services the car and they couldn't have been more unhelpful. Everyone agreed £3000 was a shocking price but they couldn't suggest an alternative. After I insisted, they reluctantly suggested booking car in to let their service team see what they could do at a cost of £268 with no guarantee of success. Any ideas?

Nissan Juke - Nissan Juke radio problem - elekie&a/c doctor
Not an uncommon fault on these and qashqai models . Unfortunately in common with many modern cars , a lot of electronic equipment is security protected, so you can’t swap units to another vehicle. Dealer may be able to “marry “ the s/h unit to your car , but I’m not confident.
Nissan Juke - Nissan Juke radio problem - Lee Power

Could the original faulty unit be sent of to one of the automotive electronic repair places like BBA etc for repair?

There is likely someone out there somewhere that could either repair the original unit & / or code a replacement unit to the vehicle.

Yes trying to get the radio repaired was another option so might try that now.

No I'm not very confident either. Someone told me I should be able to get an unlock code from various online sites but the problem is the radio is not giving me the option of entering a code. Just 'contact dealer'. Not a happy bunny right now!!!

Nissan Juke - Nissan Juke radio problem - Steveieb

Wonder if your radio is a shared unit with Renault which fail regularly and replacement units are on a long back order.

This happened to my partners Captur but to my surprise the radio works on FM which will do until the part arrives.

Alternatively contact a In car Entertainment technician.

We have one here in Northampton called MCA and Mark comes highly recommended. Suggest you give him a call and he may be able to guide you on the way forward.

Sorry it’s MAS audio in Moulton Park, Northampton .

Nissan Juke - Nissan Juke radio problem - Greendean

Have you considered researching car audio repair shops or technicians who deal in car electronics. They may have the expertise to diagnose and fix the issue at a lower cost compared to the dealership.

Understand that main dealers choose the “Go to” solution of changing the radio unit whereas often or not it’s the aerial amplifier under the base plate on the roof which has failed due to water ingress.

Fixing these requires removing part of the headlining !

Just wondered if you managed to get it fixed ?