Ford Focus, 2009 1.6 Petrol - Clutch pedal goes to floor and is not spring back - Delysher

Brake fluid underneath car on road. No clutch at all.

Anyone know how much it would cost roughly to purchase necessary parts and change clutch Also, how long is it likely to take to complete the job.

I was told the parts alone would cost £250.00 or more plus the garages labour costs on top.

The car is 14 years old and garage is likely to use genuine ford parts ?

Ford Focus, 2009 1.6 Petrol - Clutch pedal goes to floor and is not spring back - Adampr

Unless you know the clutch itself was on its way out, you probably only need a slave cylinder. About 50 quid to buy and not a very difficult job for a garage. Can be done DIY if you have access to a pit.

I'm pretty sure you know but it's not brake fluid, it's hydraulic fluid from the slave cylinder. Most garages won't use genuine Ford parts and, on a 13 year old car, I wouldn't worry about it.

Ford Focus, 2009 1.6 Petrol - Clutch pedal goes to floor and is not spring back - elekie&a/c doctor
Looks like the clutch slave cylinder has failed. It’s a concentric type. So gearbox has to come out to replace . Good idea to change the whole clutch assembly as it’s the same amount of work . You don’t need a Ford clutch . My son has just had his clutch done , just under £450 all fixed parts and labour. About 3-4 hrs work .

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 07/04/2023 at 18:55

Ford Focus, 2009 1.6 Petrol - Clutch pedal goes to floor and is not spring back - edlithgow

m pretty sure you know but it's not brake fluid, it's hydraulic fluid from the slave cylinder.

I too assumed it was the same stuff. It’s doing a VERY similar job.
Ford Focus, 2009 1.6 Petrol - Clutch pedal goes to floor and is not spring back - Adampr

m pretty sure you know but it's not brake fluid, it's hydraulic fluid from the slave cylinder.

I too assumed it was the same stuff. It’s doing a VERY similar job.

AFAIk it is. I just meant it's nothing to do with the brakes (in this case).

Ford Focus, 2009 1.6 Petrol - Clutch pedal goes to floor and is not spring back - Railroad.

You could do much worse than use Mr Clutch if you have a branch near you. My son took his Golf there to have the clutch replaced. They did a good job at a very reasonable price.