Price reduction tracker? - movilogo

There are some web browser plug ins to track price reduction tracker in RightMove. These trackers show full history of a property's price reduction. This can help buyers to determine what to offer.

Are there any similar trackers for Auto Trader ads? I could not find anything on simple web search.

Price reduction tracker? - _

Some ads will show that there is a reduced price, but not many.

Price reduction tracker? - Crickleymal

Car Gurus has a price reduction notification on their adverts.

I noticed that motors.co.uk also shows history of price reductions. Interesting to find some prices gone down, then up again and then reduced again!

Price reduction tracker? - Will deBeast

If you look at the URL for the car on autotrader, the first 8 digits after car-details, is the date the advert was put up.

Here's one I selected at random - you can see the advert has been up since December 22. www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212062317572

20221206 = 2022, dec 6th.

That's interesting! I did a quick search and it seems there are plenty of cars sitting idle over 6 months in dealers' forecourts.

Makes me wonder why used car prices not coming down then.

Price reduction tracker? - Tom Maton

Hi movilogo,

I've actually just released the first version of my free vehicle price tracking chrome extension which allows you to start tracking the price of vehicles across the following sites:

- Autotrader (all types cars, bikes vans etc)
- Pistonheads
- Cazoo
- Heycar
- Cinch (WIP)
- ebay (WIP)

We're currently tracking 10k+ vehicles and Its pretty easy to get started

1. Install the Motorwatch Chrome Extension
  2. Perform a search in one of the sites above
  3. We'll automatically add to our database to check the price everyday
  4. If your lucky, someone has already added some of the vehicles to be tracked via their searches giving you better data and price analyst

It would be great to get some feedback on the plugin (good or bad) and perhaps any suggestions on other sites others use.

Motorwatch Chrome Extension

Price reduction tracker? - Andrew-T

Might have thought the fire at Luton airport would have a detectable effect on demand for s/h cars ?

Price reduction tracker? - bathtub tom

Might have thought the fire at Luton airport would have a detectable effect on demand for s/h cars ?

I should imagine quite a few more have been written off in the floods.

Price reduction tracker? - John F

Flash in the pan.

I should imagine quite a few more have been written off in the floods.

Drop in the ocean.

Around 7 million s/h cars are sold in the UK each year.

Price reduction tracker? - daveyK_UK
Thank you for the browser extension idea
Price reduction tracker? - Andrew-T

<< Around 7 million s/h cars are sold in the UK each year. >>

That is about 140K cars a week on average, so a write-off of 1500 (?) would make a significant impact on local supplies ?

Price reduction tracker? - ATPriceTracker

Hi movilogo,

AT Price Tracker is exactly what you're looking for.

Running now for nearly 1 year. We have tracked nearly 4 million price changes on the AutoTrader website with over 30,000 users.

AT Price Tracker even works with your Saved Adverts and viewing all Dealer Stock.

It is a free extension for Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera and Firefox.

It is available on Android devices by using Firefox as Chrome does not allow extensions on mobile devices.

It is also available for Safari on iPhone, iPad and Mac on the App Store for a small fee. So you can see price history when you're on the move.

Links to all browsers are on our website: at.liprock.com

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/at-price-tracker/cbecfdegmcppmbpbffdpagongfpbohmd

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/at-price-tracker/

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/at-price-tracker/id6472184430

Price reduction tracker? - Ian D
Of you download the Total Car Check app and register (free) you can check the MOT history, recalls and towards the end is the dates, prices and mileage the car has been advertised at on Autotrader, gives you an advantage if you know how long a car has been knocking around…