Covid vaccines - general discussion - Xileno

Thread for discussing the various issues for and against Covid vaccination.

It seems the jabs reduce the severity of the illness. A work colleague had covid last year and didn't know, he had no symptoms at all.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:08

Covid vaccines - general discussion - Adampr

I think so. I only know I have it because my wife was planning to go away for the weekend, we both have colds, and she thought she'd check to be on the safe side.

Covid vaccines - general discussion - Engineer Andy

It seems the jabs reduce the severity of the illness. A work colleague had covid last year and didn't know, he had no symptoms at all.

That very much depends on what reports you read. An increasing number are now stating that the more COVID jabs (especially any 'spike protein' type one) you have, the more likely you are to get infected and to develop serious symptoms.

The implication is that they induce vaccine dependency, i.e. better off for shorter and shorter periods, then increasing more at risk because our natural immune system are artificially depressed, plus all the other junk the jabs add into the system each time they are administered.

Of course, that means more profits for the pharma firms who want jabe at shorter and shorter intervals. I would also note that the 'new' 'Omicron variant' jabs were only tested on mice, which according to leaked information did not produce good results.

Plus, admitedly more slowly (many medical professions fear for their careers if they speak out), news is reaching the public about significantly increased (Well over any previous vaccines) and serious side effects, compounded by the number and specific type of the COVID jab taken.

'Strangely' enough, I've not had any COVID jab and I've not had it at any point over the last 2.5 years, despite 'in theory' being more susceptible to respiratory illness due to my (admitedly relatively mild) asthma.

In fact, due to me endeavoruing to lead a more healthy lifestyle with a better diet and more/better exercise (including a good deal of cycling over the last 6 months), my general health has been very good (especially decent improvements in fitness levels).

Everyone else in my family (all of whom are 'up to date' on these jabs) got it and suffered minor to upper moderate flu-like symptoms. They all followed the 'stay at home' rules and the younger ones worked at home for the most part.

Seems like general healthy living, social interractions (benefit for the mind), fresh air (I stopped using a mask in indoor public settings in late spring/early summer 2020), a bit of sun and plenty of exercise outdoors can be very beneficial.

"That very much depends on what reports you read. An increasing number are now stating that the more COVID jabs (especially any 'spike protein' type one) you have, the more likely you are to get infected and to develop serious symptoms."

It's such a wide complex subject I'm sure there are reports to backup any stance one wishes to take. Probably no different to any jab or medicine or treatment, there will be pros and cons, it's up to each individual to make their judgement. I recently had to go into hospital as an out-patient, I was given a lengthy list of what might go wrong but I made the decision it was worth it. Fortunately all went perfectly.

Your last paragraph about healthy living is very important and no doubt plays a part.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:09

"That very much depends on what reports you read. An increasing number are now stating that the more COVID jabs (especially any 'spike protein' type one) you have, the more likely you are to get infected and to develop serious symptoms."

It's such a wide complex subject I'm sure there are reports to backup any stance one wishes to take. Probably no different to any jab or medicine or treatment, there will be pros and cons, it's up to each individual to make their judgement.

Maybe, but bear in mind the trials were very limited and it appears (through the leaks and [as th 'official' data is 'released' [through gritted teeth] by Pfizer et al) that the 'trials' may not be as scientifically/ethically rigorous as they were claimed to be, rather like the efficacy and safety of the jabs themsevles.

It should also be born in mind that a lot of (medical) data reporting authorities have either deliberately not reported or obfuscated/downplayed reports of serious and higher levels of adverse reactions and deaths likely caused by the COVID vaccines, specifically the spike protein variety.

The US CDC even admitted doing this - effectively admitting lying in the first year after the vaccine rollout. Similar serious problems have been reportedly come out of Israel, which was the effective guinea pig for the rollout of the newer designed type of vaccines. Unfortunately you won't read this in most (if not all) MSM newspapers or see it on TV, aside from GB News (two interviews with scientists on Neil Oliver's programme).

The CDC now (and many other Western nations have just followed suit with doing any of their own research) recently gave authorisation to the update vaccine for the 'latest variant' which only was tested on mice and which apparently gave rather less than encouraging results.

I recently had to go into hospital as an out-patient, I was given a lengthy list of what might go wrong but I made the decision it was worth it. Fortunately all went perfectly.

I'm glad it did. A distinction does need to be made between treatments that are very well established (or at least have years (decades even) of data to know the short and long term risks and level thereof, and the COVID jabs, where they are completely new, most using technology never utilised in vaccines before, and rushed through (see my comments about the trials).

Your last paragraph about healthy living is very important and no doubt plays a part.

True, but I wasn't exactly living an unhealthy lifestyle before when compared with most people. I've been in enough situations / places where I surely would've been 'exposed' to COVID, and yet... Also bear in mind I'm no spring chicken any more, now knocking on 50, and still have to deal with a good deal of stressful situations in my daily life.

What also (and still) bugs me is why on earth most otherwise healthy people and especially younger people need this jab at all - even with the 'dodgy data', the number of serious illness and death solely attributable to COVID (also problems with the testing and how the numbers are counted) is minuscule in comparison to the already sick and aged.

In my view, the effect of the COVID measures appears to have been as much of a detriment to the elderly/sick as carrying out limited but reasonable measures (as listed by a good number of respected and seemingly brave clinicians and scientists at the beginning) , and progressively worse and worse, both in the short and longer term the younger and poorer you are.

Given the jab has only been out for less than 2 years, there's no way to tell as of yet what side effects - including and especially cumulative or secondary ones - will become apparent. Some may take years to, and (handily for their proponents / big pharma) may be easily able to be 'explained away' as 'other ailments'.

Whether the possible large increase in 'excess deaths' because almost a permanent feature (despite the vaccines being rolled out), I'm not sure, but how long in Western nations are we going to keep accepting the excuses that the health services are 'catching up' on missed treatments and 'need vast increases in funding'.

Strange how such problems aren't affecting poor nations where the jab rollout / take up was poor.

Covid vaccines - general discussion - FP

Here is another post which expresses right-wing opinions, specifically covid/vaccine scepticism as fact.

Despite my sense of déjà-vu and reluctance to get involved, to keep things simple perhaps I could concentrate on just one issue.

"It should also be born in mind that a lot of (medical) data reporting authorities have either deliberately not reported or obfuscated/downplayed reports of serious and higher levels of adverse reactions and deaths likely caused by the COVID vaccines, specifically the spike protein variety. The US CDC even admitted doing this - effectively admitting lying in the first year after the vaccine rollout."

Please help me out. Despite some research, I can't find a reference to the CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) admitting they had failed to report adverse reactions and deaths resulting from the covid vaccine. Could you point me to this? (I notice that in 2020 Trump described the CDC as "lying", but that does not inspire confidence that it's true.)

Covid vaccines - general discussion - groaver

Neil Oliver.

Stopped right there.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:10

Neil Oliver.

Stopped right there.

Why's that? Was he just all fine and Dandy when working for the lefty BBC and not when challenging the Establishment via GB News?

Perhaps if you actually watched his show without prejudice you might learn a thing or three. Unlike many MSM 'news' outlets, he doesn't censor anyone, gives interviewees a fair shake but holds them to account.

Andy, Neil Oliver has always been a controversial figure wherever he worked.

He has previous on all sorts of subjects.

I have no problems with you or anyone having different views on vaccines but using him as a reference really weakens your argument.

Andy, Neil Oliver has always been a controversial figure wherever he worked.

Please provide evidence of this, given, as far as I know, he only ever worked at the BBC prior to going to GB News last year. Other than being a patriotic Brit, not supporting the COVID response, I don't see anything in his past that you imply.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Oliver

Are you sure you're not thinking of John Oliver?

He has previous on all sorts of subjects.

I have no problems with you or anyone having different views on vaccines but using him as a reference really weakens your argument.

Perhaps you would like to change your position. Even left-leaning Wikipedia has nothing bad on him.

www.thenational.scot/news/20092951.neil-oliver-lea.../

To name but one incident.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:11

I'm not sure you can characterise vaccine scepticism as right-wing.

Personally, as I lie in bed with Covid, I have learned not to bother taking the bait from either side and let people do what they want. Yes, vaccine sceptics are probably being a bit selfish and irresponsible, but I don't try to flag down every speeding car I see either.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:11

I'm not sure you can characterise vaccine scepticism as right-wing.

Personally, as I lie in bed with Covid, I have learned not to bother taking the bait from either side and let people do what they want. Yes, vaccine sceptics are probably being a bit selfish and irresponsible, but I don't try to flag down every speeding car I see either.

I'm a COVID vaccine sceptic, not a vaccine sceptic. Given there are more and more reports of serious adverse reactions and long term, debilatating consequences of taking these jabs, with more and more clinicians and scientists finally speaking out, it seems things are coming around to my side of the argument.

I would also draw your attention to several countries now permanently stopping COVID vaccinations / booster shots for the (otherwise reasonably healthy) under 60s or under 50s due to a huge increase in heart problems cause by the jabs and other issues, plus the small and short (and getting woirse with every booster shot) effectiveness of them.

Well, at least I should be grateful that you're not engaging in full-blown ad-hominem and straw man arguments as some here regularly do when faced with opinions contrary to their own, and where inconvenient facts and blatant lies are glossed over in the name of political agendas.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:12

Covid vaccines - general discussion - Brit_in_Germany

>I would also draw your attention to several countries now permanently stopping COVID vaccinations / booster shots for the (otherwise reasonably healthy) under 60s or under 50s due to a huge increase in heart problems cause by the jabs and other issues, plus the small and short (and getting woirse with every booster shot) effectiveness of them.

Can we have the names of at least three of these countries?

Adampr, I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery.

Adampr, I'm sure we all wish you a speedy recovery.

Thanks, Xileno. I certainly wish me a speedy recovery too! I seem to have to sleep every couple of hours and I'm already deep I to the zone of boredom.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:13

Here is another post which expresses right-wing opinions, specifically covid/vaccine scepticism as fact.

Despite my sense of déjà-vu and reluctance to get involved, to keep things simple perhaps I could concentrate on just one issue.

"It should also be born in mind that a lot of (medical) data reporting authorities have either deliberately not reported or obfuscated/downplayed reports of serious and higher levels of adverse reactions and deaths likely caused by the COVID vaccines, specifically the spike protein variety. The US CDC even admitted doing this - effectively admitting lying in the first year after the vaccine rollout."

Please help me out. Despite some research, I can't find a reference to the CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) admitting they had failed to report adverse reactions and deaths resulting from the covid vaccine. Could you point me to this? (I notice that in 2020 Trump described the CDC as "lying", but that does not inspire confidence that it's true.)

Many non-Dem-supporting US outlets covered it, even the NYT did, though as usual they put their own slant on it. I wouldn't bother using Google to search, given reports have already surfaced showing that they and the Biden administration have already colluded to keep a lid on information and (even professional medical and scientific) opinions and research finding their way into searches.

Notice also how the MSM are not reporting on any of that huge swathe of data Pfizer were force to submit rather than keep it hidden for 75 years.

I would also note that when Trump was president, the Left and most of the MSM said that the then being developed COVID vaccines were 'being rushed' and should 'not be trusted', only to do a complete 180 when Biden came to office.

Funny, that, considering nothing as regards said vaccines had changed one iota.

Covid vaccines - general discussion - FP

Please... could you just point me to the CDC (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) admitting they had failed to report adverse reactions and deaths resulting from the covid vaccine, as I asked. I presume the information is there somewhere.

Covid vaccines - general discussion - misar

Here we go again, often with the same common denominator.

The only thing which puzzles me is how _ORB_ decides which threads to leave and which ones to censor.

The ones that are insulting or aggressive get censored. The ones where people just disagree don't.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:14

Covid vaccines - general discussion - skidpan

Or perhaps the ones he starts.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:14

Covid vaccines - general discussion - expat

Both the moderators seem pretty fair and reasonable to me as did all the previous ones. Can we just get this discussion back on track to whether or not we will be getting Covid shots. {that's in a separate thread now - mod}

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:27

Covid vaccines - general discussion - _

misar

Here we go again, often with the same common denominator.

The only thing which puzzles me is how _ORB_ decides which threads to leave and which ones to censor.

ORB does not decide which ones to censor alone. It's a joint effort and there are discussions about these things.

..........................................................................................

Adampr

The ones that are insulting or aggressive get censored. The ones where people just disagree don't

Correct.

And I hope you are recovering well. For ome people it is a long recovery process, Personally, I have been lucky, but the boosters are giving me bad reactions each time, except fot the astra zeneca. One tip, as soonas you feel up to it some good long walks..

skidpan

Mine get edited and deleted too.

ORB

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:15

Both the moderators seem pretty fair and reasonable to me as did all the previous ones. Can we just get this discussion back on track to whether or not we will be getting Covid shots.

I agree that discussions should be repectful that people can hold opinions and do (or not) things contrary to their own beliefs, but a thread where people just say they will do (or not) X or Y is, in my view, rather a pointless endeavour - they are discussion threads, after all.

As long as we all respect eachother's right to hold other opinions or do different things that are perfectly legal and mostly considered, then that's fine by me.

The problem I have is when certain members here want to censor or cancel people and posts of opinions contrary to or strongly challenging their own or even the 'mainstream' (which doesn't make that opinion factually correct or morally right - just that a lot of people hold it or profess it publicly, which may be more to do with fitting in or fearful of 'being cancelled').

Unfortunately we see this sort of behavior more and more. Some weak-minded authoritarian individuals / firms appear to bow down to it, as we've just seen in the US, where Twitter censored the Florida state Surgeon General for giving a medical judgement to stop all mRNA COVID jabs for under 50s because of a negligable positive effect (and over a very short period) and a hugely increased risk (especially in the under 25s) of life-threatening heart problems.

Paypal backed away from financially penalising anyone posting 'dis/misiniformation' after The Daily Wire showed them up and their policy foir what it was (I suspect they'll be back later). A bad argument or mis/disinformation should be easily dismantled by reason and logic. Unfortunately, certain people.groups prefer just to censor /shout down anyone who thinks differently to them because they cannot successfully challenge the opinions.

That many calling for my / others' posts (and possibly accounts here) to be removed also appear to never look for information outside what they read / hear on a very few media outlets that are ideologically one-sided and thus often miss important factual information and unbiased technical analysis / opinion makes it, in my opinion, far harder for them to properly judge issues and opinions given here.

Many people don't like to be bullied, but often, especially in hard / dark times, people just take the path of least resistance and avoid the issue / leave. This does not bode well for reasoned debate or the health of such forums (or websites) over the mdeium or longer term.

Again, unfortunately this issue is, in my view, not isolated to the pandemic response either. What I have noticed over the last 5+ years, and especially the last 2 or so is how many longer-term members of a conservative pursuasion have left the site or seriously reduced their forum posting, especially on non-motoring (often political) issues, and that fewer and fewer new members stay on.

I suspect it also is because some people have more time on their hands than others at the moment, who would rather relax than engage in petty bickering and vendattas against those they may disagree with to force them to either shut up or leave.

Both the moderators seem pretty fair and reasonable to me as did all the previous ones. Can we just get this discussion back on track to whether or not we will be getting Covid shots.

I agree that discussions should be repectful that people can hold opinions and do (or not) things contrary to their own beliefs, but a thread where people just say they will do (or not) X or Y is, in my view, rather a pointless endeavour - they are discussion threads, after all.

As long as we all respect eachother's right to hold other opinions or do different things that are perfectly legal and mostly considered, then that's fine by me.

The problem I have is when certain members here want to censor or cancel people and posts of opinions contrary to or strongly challenging their own or even the 'mainstream' (which doesn't make that opinion factually correct or morally right - just that a lot of people hold it or profess it publicly, which may be more to do with fitting in or fearful of 'being cancelled').

Unfortunately we see this sort of behavior more and more. Some weak-minded authoritarian individuals / firms appear to bow down to it, as we've just seen in the US, where Twitter censored the Florida state Surgeon General for giving a medical judgement to stop all mRNA COVID jabs for under 50s because of a negligable positive effect (and over a very short period) and a hugely increased risk (especially in the under 25s) of life-threatening heart problems.

Paypal backed away from financially penalising anyone posting 'dis/misiniformation' after The Daily Wire showed them up and their policy foir what it was (I suspect they'll be back later). A bad argument or mis/disinformation should be easily dismantled by reason and logic. Unfortunately, certain people.groups prefer just to censor /shout down anyone who thinks differently to them because they cannot successfully challenge the opinions.

That many calling for my / others' posts (and possibly accounts here) to be removed also appear to never look for information outside what they read / hear on a very few media outlets that are ideologically one-sided and thus often miss important factual information and unbiased technical analysis / opinion makes it, in my opinion, far harder for them to properly judge issues and opinions given here.

Many people don't like to be bullied, but often, especially in hard / dark times, people just take the path of least resistance and avoid the issue / leave. This does not bode well for reasoned debate or the health of such forums (or websites) over the mdeium or longer term.

Again, unfortunately this issue is, in my view, not isolated to the pandemic response either. What I have noticed over the last 5+ years, and especially the last 2 or so is how many longer-term members of a conservative pursuasion have left the site or seriously reduced their forum posting, especially on non-motoring (often political) issues, and that fewer and fewer new members stay on.

I suspect it also is because some people have more time on their hands than others at the moment, who would rather relax than engage in petty bickering and vendattas against those they may disagree with to force them to either shut up or leave.

Seriously how much more of this total nonsense can you write. You never answer questions concerning the source of your so called "facts" which proves to me they are simply stuff you read about on your conspiracy websites.

I had enough of Trump and his accusations without any evidence, it seems you are following the same mantra.

I think the thread split has worked, apologies if anything has got lost. I don't think so.

Can we keep this thread to general Covid vaccines debate, for and against etc.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:16

Seriously how much more of this total nonsense can you write. You never answer questions concerning the source of your so called "facts" which proves to me they are simply stuff you read about on your conspiracy websites.

As per usual, you make many assumptions without one fact to back it up. Given you've been away for some time and only recently returned, you have no idea what media sites I read.

Amazing how so much reported on these your so-called 'conspiracy' websites (I don't frequent the ones you're thinking of, just conservative and [truly] independent ones) is now coming true and is, little by little, proving a large majority of the so-called 'facts' as reported in the MSM as bad reporting or deliberate lies aimed at manipulation of the general public.

Besides, the facts on the forum seem to bear out what I feared - the more COVID jabs (especially the 'mRNA' type) you have, the more likely you are to get ill, whether from COVID itself or via side effects that may be instant (with a day or two) or cumulative, including a vaccine-induced immune difficiency, hence why they are less effective at shorter intervals and then go into negative effectiveness. As I said, you wouldve thought that by now I would've caught COVID, but no. It's not as though I'm a 'spring chicken' any more either.

Oddly enough, I never caught the flu until after my first jab 'against' it back in 2011/12, and again twice more (once quite badly [off work for 2 weeks] in the 3 out of 4 following years I kept having that jab. Needless to say, I've turned down the opportunity for one since and miraculously never got the flu again despite being in many circumstances very conducive to picking up respiratory illnesses. What are the odds?

It was partly the reason why I decided to wait and see on the COVID vaccines - I had never missed vaccinations before, and even during the pandemic had a tetanus booster jab after a slip and fall.

I had enough of Trump and his accusations without any evidence, it seems you are following the same mantra.

Maybe you should, like a good few commenting here, read a bit more widely before making such ridiculous accusations. The facts about what happened with Twitter and PayPal's censorship are well documented - even (for once) in mainstream media outlets, mainly because word had already got around too widely and the stories couldn't be smothered.

Edited by Xileno on 10/10/2022 at 20:17

As per usual, you make many assumptions without one fact to back it up. Given you've been away for some time and only recently returned, you have no idea what media sites I read.

Amazing how so much reported on these your so-called 'conspiracy' websites (I don't frequent the ones you're thinking of, just conservative and [truly] independent ones) is now coming true and is, little by little, proving a large majority of the so-called 'facts' as reported in the MSM as bad reporting or deliberate lies aimed at manipulation of the general public.

Besides, the facts on the forum seem to bear out what I feared - the more COVID jabs (especially the 'mRNA' type) you have, the more likely you are to get ill, whether from COVID itself or via side effects that may be instant (with a day or two) or cumulative, including a vaccine-induced immune difficiency, hence why they are less effective at shorter intervals and then go into negative effectiveness. As I said, you wouldve thought that by now I would've caught COVID, but no. It's not as though I'm a 'spring chicken' any more either.

Oddly enough, I never caught the flu until after my first jab 'against' it back in 2011/12, and again twice more (once quite badly [off work for 2 weeks] in the 3 out of 4 following years I kept having that jab. Needless to say, I've turned down the opportunity for one since and miraculously never got the flu again despite being in many circumstances very conducive to picking up respiratory illnesses. What are the odds?

It was partly the reason why I decided to wait and see on the COVID vaccines - I had never missed vaccinations before, and even during the pandemic had a tetanus booster jab after a slip and fall.

Maybe you should, like a good few commenting here, read a bit more widely before making such ridiculous accusations. The facts about what happened with Twitter and PayPal's censorship are well documented - even (for once) in mainstream media outlets, mainly because word had already got around too widely and the stories couldn't be smothered.

Yet more total nonsense. When will leave the place you inhabit and join the real world.

And just because I have been away does not mean I have not been reading your crazy posts.

In fairness, Andy, I'd never had Covid until last week, and have some everything 'by the book' so I'm not sure our sample size of two gives much data.

I must confess to being dubious about having another jab. My first two (both AZ) we're fine, but I started to feel a bit unwell after the third (Pfizer) and have only just started feeling better over the last month or so (before COVID struck).

I believe the chances of the vaccine having caused me problems are remote but, given I am about to develop a fair bit of 'proper' immunity, I do wonder if there's much point me having another go.

Covid vaccines - general discussion - Brit_in_Germany

It seems to me that these diatribes are simply regurgitating the rubbish spouted by the exposé.

I have renamed the subject line in everyone's post to differentiate this thread from the other (a job I regretted starting after a min or two but as they say on Mastermind, I started so I will finish)

PLEASE NOTE no-one's content has been altered, just the subject line.

These threads always seem to end up in the same place, going round and round in circles, generating a lot of noise but not much signal (old Navy term). Andy is entitled to his views, others are entitled to challenge them. I don't think people change their views based on what they read on a forum. The only certainty is tempers tend to get raised. Having separated this thread from the other (which I think is valuable), I don't see the value of this one as it's achieving nothing useful so probably best put to bed.