Sky Q, sales pitch or cause for concern? - primus 1

I have just recently upgraded to sky Q, from Hd, I do watch a lot of programs on sky but I mainly have it for the f1, the engineer who came to install and set it up, said he’d read a memo that sky are going to start charging extra for the f1 channel, ( I currently have it included in my package) , now, if they lump it all together and include other sports that I’m not interested in, it means I’ll be paying for something I don’t watch so I’ll probably end up cancelling ( I’m not tied into a contract) , does anyone think this was some kind of sales pitch to get me to consider switching to another package thus paying more?, has anyone heard of such a memo?..

Sky Q, sales pitch or cause for concern? - galileo

Our Virgin package includes Sky Showcase, which shows highlights of F1 qualifying and races, there are also highlights on Channel 4 which tend to include more waffle and less action.

Not worth paying for Sky F1 in my opinion (Yorkshireman's catch phrase "How much!!")

Our Virgin package includes Sky Showcase, which shows highlights of F1 qualifying and races, there are also highlights on Channel 4 which tend to include more waffle and less action.

Not worth paying for Sky F1 in my opinion (Yorkshireman's catch phrase "How much!!")

Yes I’m a tight Yorkshireman too, but highlights are no good to me, I prefer it live, not sure if bt or virgin show all the races live , but if it’s the same price or dearer, i might as well stay put…

Sky Q, sales pitch or cause for concern? - Bolt

I have just recently upgraded to sky Q, from Hd, I do watch a lot of programs on sky but I mainly have it for the f1, the engineer who came to install and set it up, said he’d read a memo that sky are going to start charging extra for the f1 channel, ( I currently have it included in my package) , now, if they lump it all together and include other sports that I’m not interested in, it means I’ll be paying for something I don’t watch so I’ll probably end up cancelling ( I’m not tied into a contract) , does anyone think this was some kind of sales pitch to get me to consider switching to another package thus paying more?, has anyone heard of such a memo?..

I have sky Q and F1 as a package but not heard of that. its normally a package anyway so doubt it will be seperate in fact Sky have just included Paramout + free which im pleased about (star trek fan ) which I expected them to charge for

It might be just bluster, or maybe they’ll bundle it up in another package,

Sky Q, sales pitch or cause for concern? - bathtub tom

Have you tried phoning them and saying 'I'm thinking of leaving'?

Have you tried phoning them and saying 'I'm thinking of leaving'?

Not yet, as I say, the engineer said he’d read a memo about it, no more info than that, maybe he was just trying to scare me into taking a different package, maybe he’s right, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see, I just wondered if anyone else has come across this..

Sky Q, sales pitch or cause for concern? - Falkirk Bairn

I have SkyQ and have done since launch. £80 a month and they threatened £115 so I cancelled.

I now have all Sky Sports Channels for £79.50. A son has got them down to £60 but he sat with no SKY for 3 months when they cut him off at the end of his contract and did not renew,

I would not worry about F1 & charging extra - you leave and they come back with a better offer.

Likewise Green Flag last week - £59 last year, £78 this year. Phoned them up and said I will not be renewing BUT my wife will be a new customer and get the full cover (excluding Europe) for £57.12. They immediately dropped the renewal price to £57.12.

I have SkyQ and have done since launch. £80 a month and they threatened £115 so I cancelled.

I now have all Sky Sports Channels for £79.50. A son has got them down to £60 but he sat with no SKY for 3 months when they cut him off at the end of his contract and did not renew,

I would not worry about F1 & charging extra - you leave and they come back with a better offer.

Likewise Green Flag last week - £59 last year, £78 this year. Phoned them up and said I will not be renewing BUT my wife will be a new customer and get the full cover (excluding Europe) for £57.12. They immediately dropped the renewal price to £57.12.

Yes, obviously I won’t be doing anything yet, as this may be scaremongering or misinformation , I can always get a fire stick loaded with all sky for about £70 a year, although, I fear this might be a bit hookey….