Any - Air travel, train tavel and Ferries and cars - _

Just a few thoughts on recent family experiences since we were able to travel from Nov 2020 on

Easyjet Luton Lisbon. Late, chaotic. Nov 2021

BA Heathrow-madeira package holiday. Ba cancelled outbound flight, so holiday cancelled.Jan 2022.

Ryanair Stansted-Bari, zero problems, on time, March 2022

BA London to Rome rtn Bologna LHR. chaos at check in, change of gate minutes before boarding and late. Apr 2022.

Ryanair Stansted Bologna, rtn Pisa to Stansted. Zero problems again.

Whatever people say about Ryanair, if you follow the bagage rules, you can get some good deals, and at the moment it seems that they and Jet2 are the best for flying 99% or os of their flights.

Yesterday, sister in law flew to Toronto from Amman, and Amman airport was handling things very well indeed and she was impressed with RJ service on the plane. Toronto was back to normal and quiet.

I do wish that those airlines that make it hard to get refunds when they cancel flights would think about losing customers.

For Ferries, we had a "free" crossing as a gift lottery for Blue light and NHS workers. DFDS offered 1000 tickets.

Change of dates, no problem, arrived way to early, no problem, and polite service on board.

recommend the premium lounge, well worth a bit extra. quieter and free snacks and drinks

Edited by _ORB_ on 13/07/2022 at 15:26

Any - Air travel, train tavel and Ferries and cars - De Sisti

Recently returned from France, travelling between Poole and Cherbourg (before onward journey). No problems apart from the long wait for passport checks to be concluded (one hour five minutes at Cherbourg end, 45 minutes coming back through Poole).

I wonder if this was a result of Brexit? ;-)

Any - Air travel, train tavel and Ferries and cars - Andrew-T

I wonder if this was a result of Brexit? ;-)

Better not revive that question, but I fear there may be a connection ....

Any - Air travel, train tavel and Ferries and cars - Brit_in_Germany

Checking and stamping the passports, determining sufficient financial resources available etc. will always take longer than a simple wave through. Checking for concealed illicit ham and cheese sandwiches can also delay things.

Any - Air travel, train tavel and Ferries and cars - Crickleymal

A friend of mine who is disabled had a dreadful experience with Ryanair recently. They neglected to inform Bristol airport that they had disabled passengers and they were left on a deserted plane for over an hour after the other passengers had left.