Nissan Note automatic gearbox - John Boy

It looks to me as if they changed the box from torque convertor to CVT. Can anyone tell me when please?

Nissan Note automatic gearbox - RT

A 15 second Google on Wikipedia suggests it changed in Europe/UK in 2012 with the intyroduction of the 2nd generation Note

Nissan Note automatic gearbox - badbusdriver

To add to the problems with Nissan's CVT, the automatic version of the 2nd gen car was only available mated to a supercharged 1.2 (DIG-S) which was rather less reliable than the n/a 1.6 of the 1st gen.

So if you must have an automatic Note, go for a first gen car, facelifted model ideally (2010-2012)

Nissan Note automatic gearbox - badbusdriver

If you want a similar type of car with a reliable auto transmission but younger than 2012, I'd suggest a Hyundai ix20 or KIA Venga. On facelifted cars from 2014 onwards, the 4 speed auto was replaced with a 6 speed one. Still not that efficient, but more so than the earlier car, nicer to drive too and lower revs on a cruise.

A Honda Jazz is also worthy of consideration with a similar amount of interior space to the Note. We had a 3rd gen car (2015 onwards) and I was hugely impressed by the CVT in that.

Edited by badbusdriver on 28/06/2022 at 16:05

Nissan Note automatic gearbox - John Boy

Thankyou both. I think it might be better if I start another topic.

Edited by John Boy on 28/06/2022 at 16:25

Nissan Note automatic gearbox - Rosalyn K

Since the days of the DAF/Volvo Variomatic CVT, I have been driving CVTs, and the Note's execution has to be the worst I have always experienced. I would flee if I were loud and weak. away from a Note with this engine, not stroll.

Nissan Note automatic gearbox - Big John

A friend of mine had numerous 1.6 Note torque converter automatics and loved them - his last one was a 63 plate and that was the last of the model - he moved onto Toyota Yaris hybrids after this.