Driving range on used electric car? - Warning

I was just looking at a Nissan leaf, as a possible electric car. (Just picked an electric car at random).

Does the range reduce over time?. I noticed one for sale which is about 1/3 charged up, but has a range of 19 mile. So would I be right in thinking the full change when charge up would be around 60 miles?. The new range is is 124miles (24kw) model.

Driving range on used electric car? - badbusdriver

I was just looking at a Nissan leaf, as a possible electric car. (Just picked an electric car at random).

Does the range reduce over time?.

Yes.

By how much will depend on a variety of factors.

Driving range on used electric car? - Adampr

The longest advertised range on the 24kwh leaf was 84 miles.

EVs will definitely lose capacity over time. Kia, for example warrant theirs for up to 70% of initial capacity during their 7 year / 100,000 mile warranty.

I don't know about Leafs, but I have an electric Corsa and can tell you that the estimate of range is only ever accurate at 100% and 0%.....

My Corsa is leased through work and I am very happy with it. I don't think I'd buy one though.

Driving range on used electric car? - paul 1963

I've recently been driving a electric citroen Berlingo van, fully charged it indicates a range of 165 miles, not sure the size of the battery, but I've managed nearly 200 miles by adapting my driving to suit, coasting when ever possible etc ( it regens when coasting and braking), keeping the air con off ( that eats power!) also helps.

Couple of things I love are the silence and the acceleration, even in eco mode its rapid off the line, put it in power mod and it utterly flys, kills the range though!

One thing that has surprised me is despite it being a citroen ( aka Peugeot, vauxhall depending on the grill/ badges) are that a lot of components under the bonnet are clearly marked with the Toyota stylised "T"...go figure.

Driving range on used electric car? - badbusdriver

I've recently been driving a electric citroen Berlingo van, fully charged it indicates a range of 165 miles, not sure the size of the battery, but I've managed nearly 200 miles by adapting my driving to suit, coasting when ever possible etc ( it regens when coasting and braking), keeping the air con off ( that eats power!) also helps.

Couple of things I love are the silence and the acceleration, even in eco mode its rapid off the line, put it in power mod and it utterly flys, kills the range though!

One thing that has surprised me is despite it being a citroen ( aka Peugeot, vauxhall depending on the grill/ badges) are that a lot of components under the bonnet are clearly marked with the Toyota stylised "T"...go figure.

Interesting to hear of the potential range Paul (50kWh BTW), at some point I may consider one for my work. 165 miles would be more than enough for my needs, but I'd also be looking to maximise the range through efficient driving.

Curious about the Toyota logo though, given the company have only just introduced their first EV themselves with the (catchily titled) bZ4X. It used a 71.4kWh battery, though in theory the electric motor may be the same?

Driving range on used electric car? - Xileno

PSA had a collaboration with Toyota with the MK1 Aygo/C1/107 clones so maybe a similar arrangement is in place with the Berlingo.

Driving range on used electric car? - bazza

Yes it is. The Toyota proace city is identical to the PSA Berlingo,Rifter, etc and now the Vauxhall Combo and Life. The PSA Spacetourer and Traveller are the same vehicle as the Proace and Verso plus now the Vauxhall Vivaro. All share the same mechanical platform, engines etc. Ford's Tourneo 1.5 diesel is also the same engine!

My Corsa is 50kwh and normally indicates a range of around 190.miles when charged. I drive it to work (65 miles each way) down the motorway at 70 and it gets me there and back with about 20 miles to spare.

Driving range on used electric car? - alan1302

Interesting stuff - we've got a diesel Vauxhall Combo Life at the moment and very happy with it but know they no longer do the ICE versions anymore. Don't think we are ready for a all electric yet but good to know you can increase the potential range of it.

That sounds about right. The Corsa is 50kwh and range is normally about 190 miles. I do around trip to work (65 miles each way) mostly motorway at 70 and have about 20 miles left when I get home.

Driving range on used electric car? - Ethan Edwards

Tesla has just opened up several of its charging stations (in Europe incl UK) to non Tesla cars. Your Corsa e for example would be able to charge using its CCS connection.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 24/05/2022 at 13:25