Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI (1992) - Nissan 100NX brake compensator valve EPDM seals - az erty

Hi,

I have a 1992 LHD Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI which has failed it's MOT because of leaky brake compensator valves.

Nissan do not supply these parts any more (and even when they did, they cost more than £1000 each !).

I can't find any valve assemblies in the UK, France, Germany, Austria. Switzerland, etc..... :-(

Consequently (unless anyone can propse me 2 (left and right brake compensatir valves), I have stropped them down and found that there are 3 seals per unit.

I am now trying to source the 6 EPDM seals necessary to get my car back on the road.

Can anybody recommend an EPDM seal distributor or manufacturer ZNYWHERE in the world who could supply these two-off 3 EPDM seals ?

I have full drawings and dimensions, but they are approximately :

14mm OD x 2mm cross section o-ring.

12 -12.5 mm OD x 4mm ID x 4.5mm thick seal

12 -13mm OD x 5mm ID x 3.5mm thick seal

HELP

John

Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI (1992) - Nissan 100NX brake compensator valve EPDM seals - bathtub tom

I suspect those are going to be standard size 'O' rings. The original manufacturer is unlikely to specify non-standard parts. I suggest you take them to a supplier of 'O' rings and get them to measure them accurately.

Many years ago, I had a similar problem with Fiat wheel brake cylinders. Found the 'O' ring seals were an imperial size and cost pennies to replace.

Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI (1992) - Nissan 100NX brake compensator valve EPDM seals - _

Hi,

I have a 1992 LHD Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI which has failed it's MOT because of leaky brake compensator valves.

Nissan do not supply these parts any more (and even when they did, they cost more than £1000 each !).

I can't find any valve assemblies in the UK, France, Germany, Austria. Switzerland, etc..... :-(

Consequently (unless anyone can propse me 2 (left and right brake compensatir valves), I have stropped them down and found that there are 3 seals per unit.

I am now trying to source the 6 EPDM seals necessary to get my car back on the road.

Can anybody recommend an EPDM seal distributor or manufacturer ZNYWHERE in the world who could supply these two-off 3 EPDM seals ?

I have full drawings and dimensions, but they are approximately :

14mm OD x 2mm cross section o-ring.

12 -12.5 mm OD x 4mm ID x 4.5mm thick seal

12 -13mm OD x 5mm ID x 3.5mm thick seal

HELP

John

If you know anyone who works in Aircraft parts manufacture ask them.. All sorts ofvery high quality seals and o rings.

Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI (1992) - Nissan 100NX brake compensator valve EPDM seals - az erty

Hi and thanks both for your suggestions.

I've found the Epdm o-rings but still cant find the seals.

Aircraft parts is a good idea, but on fortunately I don't know any one in the industry.. :-(

Edited by az erty on 21/05/2022 at 10:26

Hi and thanks both for your suggestions.

I've found the EPDM o-rings but still cant find the seals.

Aircraft parts is a good idea, but unfortunately I don't know any one in the industry.. :-(

I've tried to post photos here, but can't see how. Is it possible to insert / upload photos ?

Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI (1992) - Nissan 100NX brake compensator valve EPDM seals - Oli rag

For seals, master cylinder rebuild kit may offer a solution. Venhills do a lot of cylinder rebuild kits and might have something to suit.
Another option would be a industrial part supplier like Hayley group,which supply all types of seals for different applications. They would have a listing of type and sizes of available seals, so would be worth giving a try.

Nissan 100NX 2.0 litre GTI (1992) - Nissan 100NX brake compensator valve EPDM seals - focussed

You don't describe the "seals" as o-rings. Are they actually square section rings seated in a groove? If so, square section sealing rings are interchangeable with the correct size and section of O-rings.