Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - Tracey de Wit

I am looking for a replacement hatchback for my 1.3 Yaris. I would like to go for a larger engine say 1.5 to 1.7. I do approx 100 miles per week, usual split is 1 run of 60 miles plus lots of local runs of 2 to 3 miles each. Is this use better suited to a diesel or petrol car?

Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - elekie&a/c doctor
For that type of use , got to be petrol .

Thank you

I really appreciate a straightforward honest answer - have just experienced a shed load of FAFF with Cinch !!

Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - nellyjak

As above...has to be petrol.

Thank you

I really appreciate a straightforward honest answer - have just experienced a shed load of FAFF with Cinch !!

Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - badbusdriver

I am looking for a replacement hatchback for my 1.3 Yaris. I would like to go for a larger engine say 1.5 to 1.7. I do approx 100 miles per week, usual split is 1 run of 60 miles plus lots of local runs of 2 to 3 miles each. Is this use better suited to a diesel or petrol car?

Unless going for an older Yaris (1st or 2nd gen, 1999-2011) or a hybrid, you've got a fairly narrow window with the 2017-2020 1.5 petrol. Cheapest (excluding insurance write offs and excessive mileage) on Autotrader is just under £8k.

Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - maz64

Not surprised Cinch weren't much help - I wouldn't expect them to be able to give a good answer to that question. Although they should have just told you to ask someone else rather than waste your time.

Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - sammy1

Don't be afraid to try another make of car especially one with a turbo. A larger engine in a Yaris might not give you the drive that you are looking for. A smaller engine say a 1 litre with a modern turbo is surprising quick and economical

Toyota Yaris - Diesel or petrol - bathtub tom

A smaller engine say a 1 litre with a modern turbo is surprising quick and economical

They certainly are, but also potentially disastrous in the case of Peugeot and Ford three pots with a cambelt soaked in oil.