What a surprise... - British Airways Refunds - _

I received an email the other day saying that our outbound flights for our January holiday were cancelled. Only flights were 27 hours before or next day. After only 30 minutes on hold, spoke to a real person and was refunded no questions.

Edited by _ORB_ on 23/12/2021 at 10:34

What a surprise... - British Airways Refunds - alan1302

After only 30 minutes on hold, spoke to a real person and was refunded no questions.

It's sad when a 30 min wait is seen as a good thing.

What a surprise... - British Airways Refunds - Engineer Andy

After only 30 minutes on hold, spoke to a real person and was refunded no questions.

It's sad when a 30 min wait is seen as a good thing.

Sadly a better experience to that I had before the Pandemic with John Lewis when they caused a gas leak after fitting my new electric oven (the hob's gas line was knocked during the installation). It took 45 mins to get through and the customer service experience was poor to say the least.

What a surprise... - British Airways Refunds - concrete

Had a similar problem with KLM. They changed one flight which meant we missed our connection at Schipol. We cancelled and rebooked with KLM at a different airport nearby to get our connections. It took 8 weeks and the intervention of a kind travel journalist called Gill Charlton to secure our refund from the first flight. Had they had an accessible customer service they could easily have sorted the dilemma in minutes. Sadly those day are long gone. They are very quick to take the money but painfully slow to do anything else!!!

Cheers Concrete

What a surprise... - British Airways Refunds - _

Oddly enough, Just on 2 years ago, my sister in law flew with RJ, after BA cancelled her AMM-LHR flight, It was the last flight before Jordanian airspace closed.

Eventually with the help of my credit card company, I got a refund from BA.

The return flight from LHR to Amman with Royal Jordanian was also cancelled, but they were continually helpful, multiple date changes, each one cancelled, but finally got a repatriation flight with a code from the ministry in Jordan..

Totally different experience. Staff (RJ) at Heathrow were very good and happy to help.