Volkswagen Arteon - Petrol or Diesel Arteon - user42

Hi All,

I am after some advice, I currently have a 2.0 R-Line 190 TSI on an 18 plate but my commute has now changed to 160 mile daily trip so I was thinking about adding a bit of money and trading in for the 2.0 TDI 190 as the fuel economy is at least on paper a lot better.

I currently average around 44-47mpg each trip.

Is this worth the swap? Is there any downfall to owning a diesel currently?

Thanks in advance.

Volkswagen Arteon - Petrol or Diesel Arteon - badbusdriver

Is this worth the swap?

Only person who can answer this is you. We don't know how much money you'll have to stump up for the diesel, nor how long you plan to keep the car. But it is simple enough to work out if you have real world mpg figures for the diesel.

Is there any downfall to owning a diesel currently?

Doing that kind of mileage, no.

Edited by badbusdriver on 17/09/2021 at 20:07

Volkswagen Arteon - Petrol or Diesel Arteon - SLO76

I’d keep what you have and spend a couple of grand on a cheap commuter to soak up the miles running to and from work. It would pay for itself via greater economy and in the reduction in depreciation on the big VW. Any expensive car you put through an 160 mile daily commute is going to plummet in value.

Volkswagen Arteon - Petrol or Diesel Arteon - BPL

I just bought a Skoda 190 petrol and get similar mpg up to 50 on a run. Check the price difference over VW. I wanted a 280 but couldn't find one...Happy with it though surprisingly as I was after a premium convertible