SEAT Alhambra 1.9 tdi 55 plate - Dmf to smf - Linksubsea

Hi I am thinking of changing my dual mass flywheel to a solid mass flywheel. But I was wondering will it cause problems or damage to my car please? I have heard that some people do have problems and some don't. My car is remapped so it's quite nippy .thanks

SEAT Alhambra 1.9 tdi 55 plate - Dmf to smf - RT

With a remapped diesel, it'll wreck the gearbox if you convert to solid - the very high torque was the reason that DMFs were introduced in the first place.

SEAT Alhambra 1.9 tdi 55 plate - Dmf to smf - Railroad.

Proceed at your own risk. The dual mass flywheel is there to serve a specific purpose. With a single mass flywheel you will have no dampening protection from the high torque the engine produces, and even higher if you had a re-map.

SEAT Alhambra 1.9 tdi 55 plate - Dmf to smf - focussed

Proceed at your own risk. The dual mass flywheel is there to serve a specific purpose. With a single mass flywheel you will have no dampening protection from the high torque the engine produces, and even higher if you had a re-map.

A technical bulletin explaining the purpose of the DMF.

techassist.valeoservice.systems/sites/default/file...f

SEAT Alhambra 1.9 tdi 55 plate - Dmf to smf - skidpan

The OP's car is a 55 plate, virtually worthless. If it needs a new flywheel a SMF will probably last long enough the see the car off to the scrappy in a couple of years time. Looking at it in that way it seems to be a no brainer.

If it was a much younger and more valuable car it would be different matter, then a new DMF would make sense.