How much you drove since pandemic started? - movilogo

My pre-Covid level driving was circa 10,000 miles per year.

We are almost a year now in lockdown. I estimate by March end, my overall mileage would be 3500 miles. Big part of it down to staycation in last summer.

I am WFH since pandemic so no commuting other than local school runs and supermarket.

How does your your mileage look like? Once pandemic is over, do you expect to revert back to your pre-Covid mileage?

How much you drove since pandemic started? - madf

3549 miles

vs c 6000

Edited by madf on 03/03/2021 at 13:22

How much you drove since pandemic started? - alan1302

Still going to work - which is what most of mileage involves...so not that much different from normal during the week. Weekends are a bit different though as no long drives to coast etc.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - _

End Nov 2018 to end Feb 2020, 15 months was 10700 miles (purchase and sale of MGZS)

3 march 2020 to 3 march 2021 7700 miles

How much you drove since pandemic started? - fray bentos

About 45000miles. Collecting and delivering Covid test swabs for local hospital.

You're welcome!

How much you drove since pandemic started? - JonestHon

Around 4k on the Yaris and about 3k on the Avensis.

Both me and Swambo WFH since March last year, both work places are not going back to the previous office environment. Instead, we are both requires to show up in the office one or two days per month once lockdown ends.

Both offices moved from city centre location to small meetings pods on the outskirt.

I think we will look at around 7k next year and sell off the Yaris.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - Bromptonaut

My Fabia did approx 3000 in its first year from November 19 to November 20. That included a couple of long trips to Merseyside/Wales during Christmas 2019.

I doubt I'll have done 2000 in the first complete year of lockdown.

Our Berlingo will have done a bit more, perhaps 6,000 as it does most shopping etc miles and we managed to get over to France and back with our caravan last summer.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - badbusdriver

I have continued to work as normal through the lockdown, so in that respect, no change at all, circa 10k per year.

With the car?, well we don't travel that much anyway, but I would definitely have made maybe at least 4, maybe as much as 6, trips to Glasgow (that's about 360 miles there and back) to se the youngest son had covid and travel restrictions not been in place. But I had my first vaccine yesterday, so if travel restrictions lift at the end of the month, I'll be looking to head down ASAP!.

We got the new Ignis last May (I think!), and whilst on the way home from a hospital appointment for my wife in Aberdeen today, I noticed the mileage was at 850 miles!.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - John F

My Audi A8 Feb 2020 - Mar 2021 1,500 miles. My TR7 - Dec 2019 - Mar 2021 350 miles.

Mrs F's Peugeot 2008 Nov 2019 - Mar 2021 6,400 miles, as we use it most days to visit a different part of the countryside or village for our daily exercise to keep our old joints in working order.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - daveyjp

Mileages on both cars not much different.

I work from home, or commute by train so no impact there. My wife is still at work in the office with a commute,

Weekend leisure activity is where there has probably been the biggest drop since Christmas. No rugby coaching, matches, away games with the team. No squash lessons or matches for my daughter etc etc.

The last time I filled up was 14th January, its now just about time to fill again. I've done about 400 miles.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - Ethan Edwards

Before about 20,000 a year After about 1500. I work from home now. I may do one day a week in Colchester but not going to go back to five.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 03/03/2021 at 16:09

How much you drove since pandemic started? - skidpan

Since the 1st of March last year we have done about 4,000 miles in the Fabia (normally does about 5,500 a year) and 5,700 in the 2 Superbs which has surprised me. We normally do about 6000 which includes two holidays (about 1,000 miles each) but last year we only had one so it looks like we have done a bit extra somewhere along the line..

Overall its not much less than normal.

So, The question is,

Who drove the least.

One fiend said 20 miles and 17 of those were a pre-mot blow out.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - badbusdriver

That a Fruedian slip ORB?! ;-)

That a Fruedian slip ORB?! ;-)

Yes, he is a devil for the detail. !

How much you drove since pandemic started? - Xileno

Normally about 5000 miles a year. This last pandemic year a few hundred, just a weekly shop to the county town of Wiltshire and that's about it. At one point I was worried the petrol in the tank might go stale as by coincidence I had filled the tank the week before the first lockdown.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - S40 Man

Well my commuting mileage hasn't changed much as I am still working. Personal mileage a lot less as my daughter's gym classes have been cancelled.

The commuting is a lot more pleasant generally with a lot less traffic. There have been a lot of TTLs recently but my journey time compared to "normal" isn't any worse.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - edlithgow

No pandemic here (so far) so no difference.

Combination of good luck and surprisingly good management, helped along by a long standing suspicion of China, which the rest of the world would do well to emulate,

How much you drove since pandemic started? - Engineer Andy

No pandemic here (so far) so no difference.

Combination of good luck and surprisingly good management, helped along by a long standing suspicion of China, which the rest of the world would do well to emulate,

Where's here, exactly? It would be nice to know somewhere good we could emigrate to 'if allowed'.

I've only done about 800 miles since the start of the first lockdown. But then I was (when either working in London or [in recent years before the pandemic] not working) only doing 2,000 - 3,000 miles on average, including 750 - 1,000 miles for my annual holiday.

Taiwan, ROC

Takes one to know one, as they say.

Air pollution is pretty bad though, and only about a third of that comes from the PRC, though of course its conveniently blamed for all of it by most people, if they are aware of it at all.

Where's here, exactly? It would be nice to know somewhere good we could emigrate to 'if allowed'.

Considering that the population of Taiwan is almost 24 million and they have only had a total of 967 cases resulting in 10 deaths it shows what is possible. They must have hit it hard rather than dithering (3 times) like Boris the idiot.

Its probably down to public discipline as well, with leader that's a proven idiot its easy for the population to follow his example thinking its OK.

Based on our record I would doubt they would let us in.

I left the UK shortly before air travel ground to a halt. Was sick in the airport (probably a dodgy shrimp with my name on it) and reported to the local teaching hospital on arrival in Taiwan.

They had what looked like an army field hospital set up in the carpark, I assume to get high risk cases out of the ventilation system and into the open air, so they were taking it pretty seriously.

Only major inconvenience here (so far) has been trialling online teaching, (which looked unworkable to me).

I've been wearing masks anyway because of the air pollution, though they are (even?) less effective for that

They had what looked like an army field hospital set up in the carpark, I assume to get high risk cases out of the ventilation system and into the open air, so they were taking it pretty seriously.

Not really an option in the UK in winter, if patients were not destined to die of a Covid related problem the damp/cold in the car park would probably make sure they did.

What the gov did here was to set up "Nightingale" hospitals (in empty venues0 in the big cities to cater for seriously ill Covid patients when the hospitals filled up. Ideally they would have been used to keep the rest of the hospitals in the area Covid free but nobody really thought it through did they, they were never used, they had no staff.

And now of course ,gov are doing their best to force more of the nursing staff out of the profession by reneging on the promises they made to them when things were really, really bad.

I presume your officials treat essential workers with more respect.

How much you drove since pandemic started? - veloceman
Collected my new Alfa Giulia 2nd March ‘20.
1st service today done 8k miles. Car has been faultless and a true joy to drive. Only down side is 30mpg but can live with that.
So 8k miles, have been working through all this but my usual mileage has been halved due to son at Uni so not Sunday football/training etc.
Usually cycle the 15mile round commute in spring to autumn.
Have recently bought a Fiat 500 for town driving to protect the Alfa from shopping dings.
How much you drove since pandemic started? - Trilogy.

Not much, trawling through all the www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bW4vEo1F4E takes up all my time. N.B. this is a link to the Monty Python spam sketch.