Happy fifth birthday to my Dacia Logan! - johnnyrev

Time flies when you're having fun (sort of)! The Logan is 5 years old today, and apart from a new gearbox under warranty, and new wiper blades, it hasn't put a wheel wrong. Still doing 45mpg. The cheap looking plastic is showing no signs of wear. Paintwork still looks nice and shiny after a wash (which isn't very often). No advisories on the MOT. I had it serviced at the dealer again this year, but might do it myself next year.

I don't think I'll be changing it anytime soon.

Happy fifth birthday to my Dacia Logan! - daveyK_UK
There is one being used as a taxi in Anglia closing in on 200k miles!
Happy fifth birthday to my Dacia Logan! - Xileno

A lot of these use the 1.5 dci engine which is tough and will run and run provided the servicing has been done on time, especially the cam belt.

Happy fifth birthday to my Dacia Logan! - chris87
They’re being used as taxi’s in Romania. Most of them easily get to 500.000km without major issues. Sure, they rattle at one point, but that’s expected given the mileage. If you need transportation, they make a lot of sense.
Happy fifth birthday to my Dacia Logan! - daveyK_UK
Indeed.

Caught a Logan saloon from Bucharest airport which had a mere 330k on the clock, was the current shape as well!
Romania is a big country and with around the clock usage that mileage is understandable.

Impressive for a budget vehicle

On Dacia topic-
New Sandero Stepway deliveries expected June 2021 to the UK, Sandero should be end of April/May

If I needed a small fiesta size hatchback, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Brilliant value, decent enough drive (according to reviews), economic engines, now has rear leg room, good residuals. No brainer.
Official PCP figures will be interesting.

Edited by daveyK_UK on 02/03/2021 at 09:50

Happy fifth birthday to my Dacia Logan! - Alby Back
One of my cunning plans ( well, I think it's quite cunning anyway ) ;-) is that when I don't need such a large car as my EClass estate, is that I shall replace it with a petrol Duster.

For a number of reasons. I like the Dacia no nonsense approach, I like the idea of a bit more ground clearance and having a car that would wear any dings well ( our main hobby is mountain biking and some venues require a bit of light off roading to access ) and I wouldn't want to put a lot of money into another ICE car at the moment.

Hoping to at least semi-retire at some point and that would trigger the change.

Or, I just take the bike racks off the Merc, stick them on top of the old faithful Qashqai now at no cost, keep the Merc for "best" and continue to run the Nissan till it drops, maybe.

Either plan sounds cunning enough to me.