Renault Captur 2016 - Driver Window Issues - cybernetuk

Hi!

Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas - just a brief back story...

My drivers window started playing up and getting stuck down - even going down by itself sometimes, but would eventually close. Within a week the window failed completely.

Car is under warranty (one more month) and they had it in and changed the regulator. Had car back and the window will go down once and back up - but is then locked from moving for 30 seconds. Dealer had car back and changed the regulator, but same problem.

Car into another Renault dealer at the request of Renault UK and they too diagnosed the regulator and changed it again. Third regulator and the window still does the same thing.

The weird thing is it locks out for exactly 30 seconds. Dealer is playing funny about having it back as "they don't know what is causing it" and Renault UK say that it needs to go to run further diagnostics.

Has anyone seen or heard of this problem?

Renault Captur 2016 - Driver Window Issues - elekie&a/c doctor
If the window system locks out for 30 secs , I would say there’s a restriction in the operation of the regulator or the glass . The motor will shut down to prevent overloading of the electrics . Has the door been damaged at any point ?
Renault Captur 2016 - Driver Window Issues - cybernetuk
No damage at all. I did ask the Renault guy who fitted the regulator if it was tight and his reply was that it was running free as a bird.

It does only appear to be the down movement that locks out as sometime you can put the window down, put it up to about half way, and then the down won’t work but the up is fine :)
Renault Captur 2016 - Driver Window Issues - focussed

In my experience with various vehicles as soon as any problem starts with leccy windows the runners need a little bit of lube. I originally used silicone oil spray which works ok but the dry ptfe spray is better and less messy. Get the aerosols with the straw nozzle, stick the straw down the window channel (don't lose the straw down the channel) with the window down about halfway and give each channel a one second squirt then run the window up and down a few times to distribute it.

Renault Captur 2016 - Driver Window Issues - Andrew-T

Is it any different with or without the engine running ?

Renault Captur 2016 - Driver Window Issues - GLENN LILLYWHITE

did you ever get to the bottom of this problem, i have the exact same fault

many thanks glenn