suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - didou

Does anyone know how many hours a garage would quote to change the timing chain?

suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - paul 1963

No offence but there is only one way to find out.....

suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - John F

Why do you want to change it? The timing chain mechanism is usually designed to last the life of the car, which often predeceases its engine.

suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - elekie&a/c doctor
Possibly engine out . Around 10 hours .
suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - didou

I want to change it because it is a known fault on this fiat engine

suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - Metropolis.
I would call up a local dealership. If you do the chain then dont forget its acilliaries like guides and tensioner. Only really worth doing expensive preventative maintenance if you plan on keeping the car indefinitely, otherwise just sell and buy a simple petrol model.
suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - John F

I want to change it because it is a known fault on this fiat engine

Well well, I live and learn.

www.partinfo.co.uk/articles/116

I always thought 'Japanese' and 'reliable' were synonymous. I wonder why they chose to use a dodgy European engine? But isn't changing it a bit ott in terms of preventative maintenance? There must be umpteen thousands of these units around and I can't think the percentage failure rate can be very high. Why not just inspect it - and check the torque on the tensioner bolts?

suzuki swift 1.3 ddis 2012 - timing chain - focussed

Why do you want to change it? The timing chain mechanism is usually designed to last the life of the car, which often predeceases its engine.

"last the life of the car" Not in the case of that POS Fiat unit.