Ford Focus ST Line - Cheaper to lease larger engine car??? - Focushing

This may seem like a stupid question to those in the know but I've been making tentative enquiries about leasing a Focus ST Line. What I can't understand is why I'm getting a much cheaper quote for a 1.5 Litre Ecoboost model as opposed to a 1.0 lite version with exactly the same spec. I'm clearly missing something that's obvious but can anybody enlighten me please.

Ford Focus ST Line - Cheaper to lease larger engine car??? - mcb100

I'd guess that it's Ford putting support into the 1.5 in order to get greater numbers on the road. Good old supply and demand.

Ford Focus ST Line - Cheaper to lease larger engine car??? - RT

The estimate of future residual value will affect leasing figures just as much as difference in purchase price -as said, all part of supply and demand.

Ford Focus ST Line - Cheaper to lease larger engine car??? - SLO76
Leasing will throw up anomalies like this as it based on how much the leasing firms can buy the cars in bulk for and in expected residuals. Manufacturers will often do bulk deals to these firms on certain models. The HONDA CRV 1.6 DTEC SE-T I leased was cheaper than the less desirable S and SE without sat nav for example and it was no dearer than the Civic Estate despite a higher list price.
Ford Focus ST Line - Cheaper to lease larger engine car??? - tim10597

I think it’s because they are discontinuing the 1.5 engine, which is being replaced by the 1.0t mild hybrid. The rates are probably cheaper as they’ll be trying to move old stock.

Ford Focus ST Line - Cheaper to lease larger engine car??? - Focushing

Thanks for all the replies folks, so I'm not going gaga in my old age after all.