civic 8th advice - Rog46

Hi i have a civic 2007 petrol, my clutch has been squeking probably past couple years. tried white lithium grease last year it went away for a while but returned.

What do you think needs replacing is it the whole clutch pedal, slave cyclinder. any advice will be useful.

civic 8th advice - Oli rag
That depends which part or parts you greased last year, if the pedal pivot was the only part greased AND that worked, it must be the problem. There must be some parts that can be eliminated if they were not greased, yet the noise still went away for a while.

Edited by Oli rag on 11/08/2020 at 20:39

civic 8th advice - Topdude

I had the "squeaky clutch pedal" on my 2004 CRV, very common problem when you start looking into it. It can be any or all of the following things.

Clutch master cylinder, need to inject lithium grease into the back of the master cylinder where the pushrod from the pedal goes in. Or have the master cylinder replaced with the updated one from Honda (not cheap).

Clutch slave cylinder, clean and grease the ball / socket where the slave pushrod engages with the clutch actuator.

Same with the clutch actuator pivot inside bell housing, can be done with spray grease (very carefully).

Clutch pedal pivot springs / bushings, again spray grease applied in the right places can help.

My clutch pedal has been silent for over a year now after all of the above were done.

civic 8th advice - Rog46

Thanks for the info really useful.

Im tempted to get some lithium spray not sure if that will work as a temporary thing, also checked my clutch fluid (murky colour on the way to turning black).

final question im assuming its not a major thing this squeak as its just an annoying thing about my civic Thanks

civic 8th advice - Topdude

Yes you can just ignore it and carry on, mine was so loud it I had to do something about it.

Don't be tempted to just spray grease everywhere, it needs to go in the exact places i mentioned above.

The clutch fluid always goes black even if you change it so that's not a problem.