Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - RobbieJamees

I'm looking for advice upon buying a 2016 Jeep Renegade 1.4 Longitude. 32,755 miles. I have test drove the car on Sunday 2nd August. However the thing which is pulling on my mind is that there are a few issues coming from reviews. Things about the electrical issues and engine issues with other models.

Is there anyone who is an owner that is happy and would recommend this vehicle?

Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - daveyjp

You need to base your purchase on your opinion of Fiats as its a Fiat 500X in a different dress.

Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - badbusdriver

The fact you are looking at the petrol is a good thing as i'm not sure i'd have much faith in a diesel. Having said that, i'm not sure about the long term reliability of the car. Looking at owners reviews gives a conflicting picture. Between Autotrader and REVOO there are 44 reviews scoring it 4.4 out of 5 overall, which is not too bad. But on Parkers website, out of 10 reviews, it scores 3.7 out of 5, which isn't so great. And of course, you need to read each review to find out how much worth they are.

If you were buying new with the protection of a warranty, or leasing one, i'd probably be happy enough with a (petrol) Renegade, but buying used, outwith warranty, i'm afraid i'd go with something i had more confidence in its reliability.

Might be worth looking for Jeep forums to get a better picture of what to expect?

The fact you are looking at the petrol is a good thing as i'm not sure i'd have much faith in a diesel. Having said that, i'm not sure about the long term reliability of the car. Looking at owners reviews gives a conflicting picture. Between Autotrader and REVOO there are 44 reviews scoring it 4.4 out of 5 overall, which is not too bad. But on Parkers website, out of 10 reviews, it scores 3.7 out of 5, which isn't so great. And of course, you need to read each review to find out how much worth they are.

If you were buying new with the protection of a warranty, or leasing one, i'd probably be happy enough with a (petrol) Renegade, but buying used, outwith warranty, i'm afraid i'd go with something i had more confidence in its reliability.

Might be worth looking for Jeep forums to get a better picture of what to expect?

I've had a look to see any forums, I would be grateful if you know of any. The ones which I've found are from the U.S which have different reviews from the UK owners have stated. That's what is making the decision harder for myself.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking car for myself and it drove quite good on the test drive. I have contacted them for another test drive however for a longer one then just five minutes from the previous one. You can't get the feel or look into things in just 5 minutes.

Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - 72 dudes

www.jeeprenegadeforum.com

Then click on UK in the local grouping. There's also a UK Facebook page for the Renegade.

Actually, as Jeeps go, it has a better reliability record than some other Jeeps, as it's built in Italy in the Fiat factory. The 1.4T engine is fairly reliable as badbusdriver says, and the most problems, 17%, seem to be with the electrical system.

After a longer test drive, where I'd be listening for trim rattles on poor surfaces and spending time stationary playing with all the electrical bits, it may be worth a punt.

A reasonable price judging by other 2016 Longitudes with around 30k miles would be £9500 to £10000.

But remember, it will not hold its value well, so only buy if you intend to keep it for 5 years or more.

www.jeeprenegadeforum.com

Then click on UK in the local grouping. There's also a UK Facebook page for the Renegade.

Actually, as Jeeps go, it has a better reliability record than some other Jeeps, as it's built in Italy in the Fiat factory. The 1.4T engine is fairly reliable as badbusdriver says, and the most problems, 17%, seem to be with the electrical system.

After a longer test drive, where I'd be listening for trim rattles on poor surfaces and spending time stationary playing with all the electrical bits, it may be worth a punt.

A reasonable price judging by other 2016 Longitudes with around 30k miles would be £9500 to £10000.

But remember, it will not hold its value well, so only buy if you intend to keep it for 5 years or more.

That's great thank you, doesn't seem as active as this site. We'll see. The price of the vehicle is £9695 as of now, however we need to see how much it will be with the military discount. It has the odd one or two scratches on it, but what car doesn't.
There is also a slight hole in the driver's side head board thing however I don't realise it. At least until I got told about it.

Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - paul 1963

Sons mother and father in law have one, been nothing but trouble since the day the bought it ( new) it's had two batterys, a couple of complete electrical failures ( despite new batteries) the lacquer on all four wheels is peeling and the paintwork is frankly awfull, orange peel everywhere......shame I used to be a big jeep fan.

Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - 72 dudes

Sons mother and father in law have one, been nothing but trouble since the day the bought it ( new) it's had two batterys, a couple of complete electrical failures ( despite new batteries) the lacquer on all four wheels is peeling and the paintwork is frankly awfull, orange peel everywhere......shame I used to be a big jeep fan.

Our posts crossed paul 1963!!

So Robbie if you love it, buy with caution.

Jeep Renegade - Potential Jeep Renegade 2016 buyer. - veloceman
Ensure the car has a complete service history preferably from a dealer.
The 1.4engine is strong and used across the Fiat/Alfa/Jeep range but MUST have been filled with the correct oil.
The multiair part of the engine is very sensitive and many have been known to fail when incorrect oil is used.
The Multiair system is around £1,200 to replace.
Ensure the car has a complete service history preferably from a dealer. The 1.4engine is strong and used across the Fiat/Alfa/Jeep range but MUST have been filled with the correct oil. The multiair part of the engine is very sensitive and many have been known to fail when incorrect oil is used. The Multiair system is around £1,200 to replace.

As far as I know there is a full service history, I just need to get the details for it as it's been reserved by myself they take it off the website. Fair, it's not a huge dealership like Lookers or anything. I have checked their reviews and they've been getting a high praise. I myself would rather go to a dealership than a private seller.