Volkswagen Tiguan - Tiguan door control switch for windows - daughters_with_cars

I accidently left the driver window overnight in the rain.

Moisture got into the switch and despite drying it out as much as possible with a hair drier so avoiding trying to use it while it might still be wet, the driver window wouldn't go down on a single pull , but would if it was held down.

I took the door panel off, using this link which showed where the poppers and screws were :

https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manufacturer/volkswagen/mk2-tiguan/mk2-tiguan-front-door-trim-removal/

I removed the switch and took it apart, cleaning the contact points on the PCB carefully but still wouldn't fully operate.

Doing a Google search with the part number, found the item on aliexpress, and bought one.

It was £8 something, arrived in a week. Sorted. Even had the VAG part code sticker on it.

No doubt the original was also made in China.

'Genuine' one in UK £48 , didn't dare ask a VW dealer how much, yet breakers on Ebay trying to sell for £75 for a used unit ??

Volkswagen Tiguan - Tiguan door control switch for windows - Avant

Nice to see you back after a few years.

Thanks for a timely reminder about how to save money, and encouragemet for anyone who (unlike me) is mechanically / electrically minded and with time on their hands has been thinking about doing some work on the car.