Vauxhall Astra Estate - Cigarette lighter not working, fuse ok. Astra H - Richard Huddleston

Satnav plug fell apart in lighter socket. I retrieved the bits, no damage done, but now the socket's dead. Surely not coincidental?

There's a live feed to the fuse (in the fusebox) and the fuse is OK, but there's no feed to the terminals at the back of the socket.

For some reason there was a 7.5a instead of 15a fuse in the box, which hadn't blown, so I assume there's no burt-out wire elsewhere. Socket feed enters bound wiring loom immediately below so tracing will be a nightmare.

As an aside, I think this is the only car I've ever owned with a lighter socket that works without the ignition turned on.

Any ideas guys?

Vauxhall Astra Estate - Cigarette lighter not working, fuse ok. Astra H - elekie&a/c doctor
You have definitely blown a fuse . Depending on year of model , there may be a fuse box in the load area , left side , behind pull down flap .
Vauxhall Astra Estate - Cigarette lighter not working, fuse ok. Astra H - Richard Huddleston

Yes thanks, I only looked at the first wiring diag and indeed it's in the boot one.

Makes sense doesn't it, running wire all the way to the boot then back to the dash?