Jaguar XE (2016) - Timing Belt - Nic W

None of the service schedules for my XE require belt replacement and I understand the chain cam is likely to last the life of the engine. However you frequently advise replacing Timing belt, tensioner, Water Pump and Auxiliary belt around 60,000 miles. I assume this refers to the rubber belts (and water pump) on the exterior of the engine, not the timing chain. What is the correct name for these belts (which are not mentioned in the XE handbook) so I can get my garage to change them (and pump) . My mileage is 63,000 miles and have just had the Jaguar serviced as per schedule.

Regards

Nic Walters

Jaguar XE (2016) - Timing Belt - elekie&a/c doctor
These are called poly- vee drive belts . There is no set service interval for their replacement as under normal driving conditions they will do in excess of 100k miles without any problems . The water pump is only replaced when it leaks of fails , again no specific time interval .
Jaguar XE (2016) - Timing Belt - bathtub tom

None of the service schedules for my XE require belt replacement and I understand the chain cam is likely to last the life of the engine. However you frequently advise replacing Timing belt

You refer to a 'chain cam' and then a 'timing belt'. I'm not familiar with your engine, but it's got either one or t'other.

If it's a chain cam, then forget about it, as long as you keep it serviced to recommendations. If it's a timing belt, then replace it as recommended.

Jaguar XE (2016) - Timing Belt - Andrew-T

'Auxiliary belt' would do. They normally drive the alternator, possibly PAS pump, and other mechanical bits which don't have to synchronise with the engine.