Phone call from El Salvador? - badbusdriver

This morning at 0510 i recieved a very short phone call, so short it didn't even start ringing, just a brief buzz from the vibrate. When i picked my phone up and looked, it said the phone call came from El Salvador!. I'd been thinking about it while at work, and just tried a search on the number but could find out only that the number was from a 'metropolitan area'. Not sure what to think about it, whether it was just a mistake. Any opinions?

Phone call from El Salvador? - FP

Almost certainly spam, possibly randomly generated and possibly a spoofed number not even in El Salvador.

While i did wonder if it was some kind of spam, scam or con, it didn't cross my mind that it may not actually be from El Salvador. But if it was spam, what would be the point?, given how short the 'call' was, what would they possibly gain?.

Phone call from El Salvador? - Silas Marner

While i did wonder if it was some kind of spam, scam or con, it didn't cross my mind that it may not actually be from El Salvador. But if it was spam, what would be the point?, given how short the 'call' was, what would they possibly gain?.

This is a scam in which the caller hopes to have piqued your interest enough that you ring back to discover who it is, whereupon you are connected to a very expensive line and defrauded out of much money. A lucrative con if sufficient people fall for it.

This is a scam in which the caller hopes to have piqued your interest enough that you ring back to discover who it is, whereupon you are connected to a very expensive line and defrauded out of much money. A lucrative con if sufficient people fall for it.

OK, that makes sense, and makes me glad i didn't phone back!.

Thanks Silas.