Land Rover Discovery - sold as seen - Terry O'Sullivan

Hello. I have sold a Land Rover Discovery to a lady. she took it to her local garage to get it checked over and he found a core plug leaking. She kicked off so i told her to leave the car with the garage i would refund her and pick the car up. Thats that. I spoke to the garage as the woman wanted to keep the car and in the end i paid the garage bill of £650. She agreed verbally that i would hear no more Now, 2 Months on the head gasket has gone and shes bothering me again for the full refund.Part of me wants to help her but she is now bad mouthing me on facebook so ive dug my heals. Morally i should help her but where does it stop??

Land Rover Discovery - sold as seen - Brit_in_Germany

Are you a dealer Terry?

Land Rover Discovery - sold as seen - SLO76
If you’re a private seller you’ve no obligation to help at all, in fact you had no need to fork out for the earlier repair. But if you’re a dealer then you’re legally obliged to either repair it or refund her. If the latter learn the lesson and don’t trade older highly complex metal like this, it’ll always bite you.

Land Rover Discovery - sold as seen - Gibbo_Wirral

Offering to pay the garage bill of £650 was wrong in my opinion. If someone had found a problem with a car I was selling, I might have knocked a bit off at the time, as is often usual.

Land Rover Discovery - sold as seen - Miniman777

If you are being bad mouthed on the net, the lady needs to be reminded the law of libel might well apply, plus there could be deformation of character.

Call your solicitor and get them a 'cease & desist' letter, perhaps? Sounds like she could be a problem....

Land Rover Discovery - sold as seen - Gibbo_Wirral

Agree. And it being two months on since the sale could lead to any reason for the HGF, it could even be a bad repair from the garage.