Vauxhall Vectra C - Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - frogmarch

Hi got a 2007 Vauxhall Vectra Sri cdti 16 valve and I have noticed it using more diesel than it should the computer says 36.7 and that's on a run off about 20 miles , went out to it and started and battery light stayed on although it's had rectifier in alternator , I switched off and started it again and light went out and stayed out? Also when I was driving along in sixth and accelerate it was a bit jerky , read codes and came up with p0621 generator warning lamp fault and p0008 generic engine position performance bank 1 could this be timing issues as it starts ok in mornings thanks

Hi is there a book anybody knows that tells you the injector values when testing them on diagnostics thanks

Hi tested my injector values on op-com and these are what they are , engine was cold

Battery 14.6 volts

Engine speed 850 rpm

No 1 injection quantity deviation -0.46mg/stroke

No2 injection quantity deviation -1.00 mg/ stroke

No 3 injection quantity deviation -0.28 mg/ stroke

No 4 injection quantity deviation 1.75 mg/ stroke

Could somebody tell me if these are correct or if injectors are knaff thanks

Hi sorry on Vectra 19cdti the battery light comes on when I start in morning but if I switch car off and restart the light goes out and stays out rest off day read somewhere that need to check feed to ECU but wondered what pin number it is thanks

Hi I think my mpg has gone down on my Vectra Sri cdti 150 diesel as the computer says that I'm get 36.9 mpg on run of about 20 miles and temp guage sits around 80- 85 degrees and only goes up in traffic thought I should get more mpg on a run as read on Vauxhall forums people are getting over 40 miles per gallon

Hi bloke came and put diagnostics on today and said egr was not right but had new one last April and has been cleaned a couple of times , there was no codes today just he said it was stuck at 100% and something else was 40 and not moving when revved how can I test it thanks

Hi with reference to my battery light coming on when started it hasn't come on for a week only when I put ignition on also I'm going to clean egr and throttle body and see if it makes any difference

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - 3uga

Battery light should come on when engine is not running.
Be careful on how you clean the throtle body because throtle plates may loose corect position and become stuck. If that hapens you will most likely get egr code and engine malfunction light.

When cleaning egr use stove cleaner as its helps losen the carbon. You should clean egr gass cooler and piping. Befor doing this job you shoul have diagnosed the car and see if egr is working corecly on comand as this might not be the fault. Usualy if egr stays stuck open you will not get boost. If it stays stuck cosed you could get poor fuel economy as the surplus of oxigen needs to be burned.
If your alternator light comes on and off, check fuse for regulator as it might be blown and making contact on vibrations.

Hi thanks where is fuse for alternator on Vectra cdti also on egr I put new one on last year and have cleaned it once but it was after market one and have heard these can be not right right on Vectra .

Hi I have got op-com and when I go into the output test and then click on egr valve and then press start activate I cannot hear anything either opening or closing does engine have to be running to do this but I also tried to activate cooling fan 1 on op-com and nothing happens is there something wrong with my op-com thanks

Hi sorted op-com out and connected to car and went for drive and on egr valve settings it said at idle the egr pos command said100% and the pulse rotation was 4% so went out for drive and the egr pos command started to go erratic and went down from 100% but if I took foot off throttle it went back to 100% and pulse rotation stayed at 4% , should the pulse rotation move ?