Vauxhall vectra - Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - frogmarch

Hi on my Vectra Sri cdti on 2007 plate I have had battery light on while I was driving and stayed on I thought I would check codes just in case and came up with P0621 generator lamp control circuit malfunction , thought it might be alternator checked voltage was 12.5 v with engine off and 13.5 v engine running put lights on and didn't change , revved engine and did not change could it be alternator also is the 150 alternator same as 120 engine alternator thanks

Vauxhall vectra - Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - skidpan

12.5 volts is low for a heathy battery after turning off. Its normally about 13 volts after a few minutes and will drop to 12.7 overnight, any less and the batter is on its way out.

An old school alternator would deliver about 14.4 volts to the battery after startup dropping to about 14.2 volts after some running. New style "smart" alternators vary voltage with load thus can be more difficult to assess. No idea if your car has one.

Suggest you go to a good auto electrician to get the thing checked over.

Vauxhall vectra - Vauxhall vectra - Vectra Sri cdti - frogmarch

Ok thanks for reply ,it starts up ok and runs ok but after running for 30 seconds the battery light comes on