Any bargain shop - Adblue - oldroverboy.

I suppose it had to happen. Adblue in a discount bargain shop £7.99 for 10 litres. Don't know if it is a bargain. Don't use it..

Edited by oldroverboy. on 15/11/2018 at 05:47

Any bargain shop - Adblue - RT

I suppose it had to happen. Adblue in a discount bargain shop £7.99 for 10 litres. Don't know if it is a bargain. Don't use it..

Yes, that's a good price - which "discount bargain shop"?

Yes, that's a good price - which "discount bargain shop"?

Home Bargains

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/adblue-10-litre-799-insto...3

Any bargain shop - Adblue - skidpan

If it meets whatever specs the manufacturer requires why not use it if it far cheaper and convenient to buy.

As before its the same as the old "supermarket fuel is carp" argument. Just like supermarkets don't make petrol Home Bargains don't make Ad Blue. It will come from a regular manufacturer of the product (may be abroad) but with Home Bargains written on the container.

Any bargain shop - Adblue - craig-pd130

If it meets whatever specs the manufacturer requires why not use it if it far cheaper and convenient to buy.

As before its the same as the old "supermarket fuel is carp" argument. Just like supermarkets don't make petrol Home Bargains don't make Ad Blue. It will come from a regular manufacturer of the product (may be abroad) but with Home Bargains written on the container.

No no, it'll clog up the AdBlue injectors, use preferably Shell or BP ...

;-)

Any bargain shop - Adblue - Kekettykek

There's nothing to AdBlue, just a 30% solution of urea in deionised water. Millions of tons of urea are produced for agriculture every year so it's not a scarce chemical.

But to use the AdBlue name the maker must comply with ISO standards and be audited by the German auto industry consortium that holds the trademark.

So if it says AdBlue on the container, it should be good.

Any bargain shop - Adblue - concrete

Check the label to see it conforms to the German TUV for Adblue. If it does you should be fine. But if you have problems and it is related to the cheap Adblue, where do you turn?

Unless it is an enormous saving I would agree with craig pd130 that the premium brands are usually decent value for money and give peace of mind. Failing that but a pig and make your own!!!

Cheers Concrete

Check the label to see it conforms to the German TUV for Adblue. If it does you should be fine. But if you have problems and it is related to the cheap Adblue, where do you turn?

Unless it is an enormous saving I would agree with craig pd130 that the premium brands are usually decent value for money and give peace of mind. Failing that but a pig and make your own!!!

Cheers Concrete

There is only one definition.

Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is an aqueous urea solution made with 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionised water. It is standardised as AUS 32 (aqueous urea solution) in ISO 22241.

The German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) registered the trademark AdBlue for AUS 32.

It uses synthetic urea as pig-pee isn't pure enough.

Edited by RT on 16/11/2018 at 17:52

Any bargain shop - Adblue - focussed

Is adblue available from the pumps in truck filling stations? It's all the same stuff after all.

Don't forget it has a shelf life of 6 months opened... so for many people it would be a waste.

Don't forget it has a shelf life of 6 months opened... so for many people it would be a waste.

It's better to use the full 10 litre container each time.

Is adblue available from the pumps in truck filling stations? It's all the same stuff after all.

Yes, available at some - be careful with pump flow rate, it's fast for trucks as they use a lot of Adblue.

Any bargain shop - Adblue - Avant

Best solution - don't buy a car that needs Adblue.

If you must have a diesel, I don't think Volvo diesels need it: are there any others currently in production?

Best solution - don't buy a car that needs Adblue.

If you must have a diesel, I don't think Volvo diesels need it: are there any others currently in production?

Some Volvos need Adblue according to their website - most Euro 6 diesels "need" Adblue, it's the shortcut of not fitting it that got VW Group into trouble and other makers sweating as they rapidly add it as a model year change.

Euro 6.2 is now fully in operation and tighter than Euro 6.0 so there won't be many new diesels that don't use Adblue.

Any bargain shop - Adblue - focussed

Yes, available at some - be careful with pump flow rate, it's fast for trucks as they use a lot of Adblue.

Not me mate - I don't need it - I'm only on euro 5.

Any bargain shop - Adblue - concrete

Cheers Concrete

There is only one definition.

Diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) is an aqueous urea solution made with 32.5% urea and 67.5% de-ionised water. It is standardised as AUS 32 (aqueous urea solution) in ISO 22241.

The German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA) registered the trademark AdBlue for AUS 32.

It uses synthetic urea as pig-pee isn't pure enough.

Gosh, who knew??

My comments were meant to be flippant. Your superior knowledge is impressive though. It is a long time since my last chemistry lesson!! When I worked in Germany many years ago the TUV seemed to be the standard bearer for just about everything. Bit like our BSI now ISO marks.

Cheers Concrete

Is this going to turn into an urban myth that premium Adblue is better than discount store Adblue?

Any bargain shop - Adblue - Avant

And no Adblue at all is better still.

I suspect that the extra hassle-factor of having to add this stuff, and the thread of the car refiusing to start if you don't, is as much a contributor to the collapse of diesel car sales as the scaremongering in the Press.

As is the availability of engines like the VAG 1.4 or 1.5 TSI petrol which can give 55 mpg on a long run, driving normally.

And no Adblue at all is better still.

I suspect that the extra hassle-factor of having to add this stuff, and the thread of the car refiusing to start if you don't, is as much a contributor to the collapse of diesel car sales as the scaremongering in the Press.

As is the availability of engines like the VAG 1.4 or 1.5 TSI petrol which can give 55 mpg on a long run, driving normally.

Adblue warning systems give about 1,500 miles notice of running out - much more than a full tank of fuel.

On a practical note, modern designs have the Adblue filler next to the diesel filler, quite convenient - but on some older designs where Adblue has been added afterwards, it may be inconveniently placed, eg under the boot floor in places.

Any bargain shop - Adblue - dieselnut

" modern designs have the Adblue filler next to the diesel filler, quite convenient "

How long before the first post on here " I've accidentally put Addblue in the Diesel tank " or vica-versa. "What do I do now". LOL.

Edited by dieselnut on 19/11/2018 at 12:26