Japanese manuals - FoxyJukebox

I am fed up with asian product manuals that tell you everything you never need to know about devices and nothing you vitally need!-does anyone agree?

I have just about mastered the manual of the new MazdaCX3 -which badly needs to have an alphabetical index rather than a visual&theme guide.

Then yesterday--i needed to refer for the first time to my SonyTV (Bravia) manual because all my apps suddenly went "missing". I gave up-and googled "Sony apps missing on Sony Bravia TV" .

However -I do not recall ever seeing a manual for an Apple product-a very successful company

Japanese manuals - gordonbennet

You don't need a manual for anything modern, it's all far too complicated for an adult to understand anyway.

You need to borrow, unless you have your own, a small child for getting such things going again...the borrowed version are better because you can hand them back...but don't ask them to explain because youngsters these days speak in treble quick time and you won't make head or tail of what they're mumbling.

:-)

Japanese manuals - Bolt

I`m not so sure anyone gives out manuals or instruction manuals now, normally if I have a problem I go to OEM site and either troubleshoot problems or get the PDF manual which I find easier to get what you want as you can usually search.

I think apart from motors it was a cost saving exercise to make pdf versions that way they don`t need to print a manual and it cuts down on weight and delivery costs

Japanese manuals - Bolt

I`m not so sure anyone gives out manuals or instruction manuals now, normally if I have a problem I go to OEM site and either troubleshoot problems or get the PDF manual which I find easier to get what you want as you can usually search.

I think apart from motors it was a cost saving exercise to make pdf versions that way they don`t need to print a manual and it cuts down on weight and delivery costs

Just to add, I have noticed over the years any manuals that do come with anything now have small print so small you need an electron microscope to read them, assuming you can understand the way they write the instructions?

Japanese manuals - Engineer Andy

Just to add, I have noticed over the years any manuals that do come with anything now have small print so small you need an electron microscope to read them, assuming you can understand the way they write the instructions?

Probably because they are designed for pdf, thinking that they'll be read on a computer here you can zoom in on the bit you want. Small print = saving paper and printing costs = more (it all counts) profits for the car manufacturer.

I wouldn't be at all suprised soon that ALL car manuals are like mobile phone manuals - extremely basic in nature to 'get people started', brief and in electronic form. They don't want you fiddling with the car, even if you know what you're doing, as it means they can charge you £50 for something you used to do yourself for less than a Fiver.

I managed, via the UK (unofficial) Mazda3 owners' club to source the official online manual, not the handbook (which for my mk1 isn't that bad), which shows many proceedures for removing the vast majority of parts for inspection/replacement - presumably what the dealerships use when they are teaching a new mechanic.

Not perfect, but quite useful, especially as mine (in common with almost all modern Mazdas sold in the UK) doesn't have a corresponding Haynes manual, which I did have (and was very useful) for my K11 (mid 90s) Nissan Micra.