MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? - TriciaA

I have a 12 plate Mini countryman, manual, petrol, a few months ago the stop/start function stopped working and I have no idea why.

The Air con hasn't been used much, I know when air con is in use the s/s cuts out.

I decided to have a new battery fitted yesterday, apparently, batteries have to go into sleep mode?

Well, after a nights sleep, I took it out this morning and again nothing.

Obviously, It idles when I stop at lights and in queues etc, but the stop/start just isn't happening.

Would be gratefully for a little insight on this problem.

Edited by TriciaA on 25/10/2018 at 09:12

MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? - elekie&a/c doctor

Firstly,have you had the correct stop/start battery installed.? This also needs to be "registered" to the car so that the battery power management system can work efficiently. It's the car that goes into sleep mode,not the battery. There are lots of criteria that have to be met before the s/s system will function. The only real way forward is to get the diagnostic system interrogated.

MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? - Galaxy

a few months ago the stop/start function stopped working

I would think that would be an advantage!

MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? - gordonbennet

a few months ago the stop/start function stopped working

I would think that would be an advantage!

yup.

MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? - keithd

The stop/start on our 2007 mini cooper suddenly stopped working a year or two ago and this is one and only of its many faults that we've been happy with!

I've heard many say they don't like the stop/start and disable it.

Possibly worried when in operation that the engine may not start...Goodness, imagine that I'm a queue of traffic...

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the new battery was registered and everything else that goes along with it. It is the correct battery also.

Perhaps a diagnostic system check is my next move.

Edited by TriciaA on 25/10/2018 at 13:56

Diagnostic was ran and apparently it's the Vacuum sensor?

MINI Countryman - Stop/Start not working? - elekie&a/c doctor

Yes,that sounds about right. Common fault on Bmw models. The sensor monitors brake booster vacuum.If there is insufficient vacuum to operate the brakes,then the s/s system will shut down.

Thanks for your reply, fingers crossed the part won't cost a fortune!!